Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

What's the difference between Model and Component ?

Level 1

In AEM, I understand the meaning and usage of Component and Service, but now I found that another term Model, I don't get it?  Such as I create new AEM project based on maven archetype 10, there is default Model get created, the source code is as the following:

So my questions:

• What's the usage of Model? I can't find much documentation about this.
  • It is likely similar to Component, what's the difference between Component or Service?
  • In the auto-generated sample codes (through AEM Eclipse plugin), why no Component or Service sample get created?

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 10.43.01 AM.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Sling Models are another way to build an AEM OSGi bundles/HTL components. You can learn about Sling Models here:

Apache Sling - Sling Models

Here are some useful articles that shows you how to get up and running with Sling Models:

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating Adobe Experience Manager 6.3 Sling Model Components

Creating a custom Touch UI Grid Component for Adobe Experience Manager

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating a HTL Repeating Data Set 6.3 Component that uses Sling Mode...

Performing Sling Model Adaptation Using Request and Resource Objects

Hope this helps you gain an understanding of Sling Models.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Sling Models are another way to build an AEM OSGi bundles/HTL components. You can learn about Sling Models here:

Apache Sling - Sling Models

Here are some useful articles that shows you how to get up and running with Sling Models:

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating Adobe Experience Manager 6.3 Sling Model Components

Creating a custom Touch UI Grid Component for Adobe Experience Manager

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating a HTL Repeating Data Set 6.3 Component that uses Sling Mode...

Performing Sling Model Adaptation Using Request and Resource Objects

Hope this helps you gain an understanding of Sling Models.