Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

What is the use of Form "Hidden Fields"

Level 3

I am trying to use "Hidden Field" in AEM Forms , but when I drop the hidden fields in to my forms area this field is not visible . My understanding is during design of Page I should be able to see the hidden fields and set name, id and values but there is no option I can find. 

Please advice how to use hidden fields , a detail step and use will help.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Yes, this is html form hidden field, it won't be visible to user. Usually this field is needed if you want to perform some action after submitting form or some hidden data is required in post processing.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

Yes, this is html form hidden field, it won't be visible to user. Usually this field is needed if you want to perform some action after submitting form or some hidden data is required in post processing.

Level 3

Do you have sample steps to explain in detail that will really help.

Level 3

thanks for your response , it that mean for author hidden fields should not be available as they will not able to do any thing on this fields. It is more for the developer only. Is that correct understanding.

Level 10

At time of designing the page you should be able to see hidden field, otherwise how can you configure. Refer attached video. https://vimeo.com/110889211