Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

What is the usage of /etc.clientlibs/clientlibs/granite/jquery.min.js?v=aemv and /etc.clientlibs/clientlibs/granite/utils.min.js?

Level 7

Hi Team,

I want to get to know about the usage of clientlibs which are /libs/clientlibs/granite/jquery and /libs/clientlibs/granite/utils.I have found the scenario without these two client libs embedded when we adding contexthub it is giving an console error.Can you explain what is the purpose of adding those two urls ? If they are not purposely added can I remove them ? 

Thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @JakeCham,

jQuery and utils are the dependencies that AEM provides. You can either add them in the dependencies section or in the embedded section as per your requirement.

You can go and check the files and their functionalities below

• /libs/clientlibs/granite/utils
  • /libs/clientlibs/granite/jquery

If you do not want them, you can remove them as they are the dependencies, but I doubt the same case with utils as they have multiple util functions. Please test thoroughly once they are removed.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kiran Vedantam.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @JakeCham,

jQuery and utils are the dependencies that AEM provides. You can either add them in the dependencies section or in the embedded section as per your requirement.

You can go and check the files and their functionalities below

• /libs/clientlibs/granite/utils
  • /libs/clientlibs/granite/jquery

If you do not want them, you can remove them as they are the dependencies, but I doubt the same case with utils as they have multiple util functions. Please test thoroughly once they are removed.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kiran Vedantam.