Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events

What is the mixin type "cq:ReplicationStatus2" used for?

Level 4

Recently in an AEM sdk update Adobe added the mixin type "cq:ReplicationStatus2". This change led to content being incompatible between versions of the AEM depending on which SDK they ran. So I'm wondering if someone could explain what that mixin type is used for and what that change means.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 9

@Preston : Are you sure content incompatibility is due to this property.

This is what I could find (Please refer the original source link- https://github.com/Netcentric/aem-replication-metadata-validator?tab=readme-ov-file#fix-violations)

The jcr:content node carrying the replication metadata may have mix-in cq:ReplicationStatus for AEM 6.5 (usually by adding the property jcr:mixinTypes="[cq:ReplicationStatus]") or cq:ReplicationStatus2 (only available in AEMaaCS) but this is optional, as the node type nt:unstructured of the jcr:content node does not impose any property limitations.

Level 4

I saw that as well. I'm curious what its function is, though. 

Administrator

In AEM, the new "cq:ReplicationStatus2" mixin type added with an SDK update caused content incompatibility across versions using different SDKs. Here's a breakdown:

What is cq:ReplicationStatus2?

A mixin type adds replication-related properties to content, primarily focusing on "last replicated" information. Its purpose is to track the replication status of content, specifically focusing on "active" and "completed" states. It adds new properties to content nodes, such as cq:replicationActive and cq:replicationCompletedTime.

What changed?

The update likely modified how cq:ReplicationStatus2 handles data, leading to discrepancies when content built with different SDKs replicates.

Impact:

Content built with different SDK versions might not replicate correctly when switching between versions.

Recommendations:

• Upgrade all AEM instances to the same SDK version.
  • Investigate specific content affected by the incompatibility.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 4

Thanks for this. We dealt with AEMaaCS support and they didn't even recognize this issue, so it's a relief to see someone recognize it.