Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

What is the difference between ReplicationActionType.DELETE and ReplicationActionType.DEACTIVATE?

Level 7

Hi,

What is the difference between ReplicationActionType.DELETE and ReplicationActionType.DEACTIVATE?

Also it would be a good idea to add this information to the JavaDoc page for ReplicationActionType.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

To add more to bsloki feedback,    From publish stand point deactivate & delete are same. From author stand point there is a difference in terms of existence. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

To add more to bsloki feedback,    From publish stand point deactivate & delete are same. From author stand point there is a difference in terms of existence. 

Level 10

As I understand, 

In DELETE, it deletes the node from repo and push/replicate the same to publisher aswell while in .DEACTIVATE, the content or the node will still be available in author but it gets out of publisher. so in future when needed that content can be published again !

Level 7

Hi Sham,

Could you please confirm that replicator.replicate(session, ReplicationActionType.DELETE, node.getPath()):

•  Deactivates the given node AND deletes it from the author?

We were using that based on this assumption, but I can see that it deactivates the node, but does not remove it from the author instance.

The only way we can deactivate and delete is by explicitly calling node.remove() on the node after deactivation.

Thanks,
Behrang

Level 2

Hi, As I was browsing for an issue related to ReplicationActionType.DEACTIVATE that I am facing, I came across this post,. It would be great if you could see anything that would help me. I am trying to deactivate a page by  replicator.replicate(currentSession, ReplicationActionType.DEACTIVATE , pathToDeactivate); This is deactivating the page whereas the node is not getting deleted in the publish instance. Not sure if i am missing anything.

Level 7

It should remove the node from the publish instance. Have a look at your replication queues and make sure they are not stuck. In CQ 5.6, the queue system is broken and very buggy out of the box. You must install a bunch of hot fixes to make it stable.