Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

What exactly does the "sessionmanagement" dispatcher setting do?

Level 2

While following the documentation about "Creating and Applying a Closed User Group", at the bottom of the page it says that you have to use the "sessionmanagement" dispatcher configuration to get it to work.

Because it prevents the dispatcher from caching (everything in this farm) I don't really want to use it, so I'm trying to find information about what it actually does. The documentation about "Configuring Dispatcher" says that it is used for the "support for session management and authentication". But that doesn't make any sense to me - the publish instance is taking care of session management and authentication. On top of that, if I just leave out that configuration and only set allowAuthorized to "0" the dispatcher does exactly what I want: caching everything for unauthenticated access and caching nothing for logged-in users.

So the question is: What exactly does the "sessionmanagement" dispatcher setting do and what could happen if I just leave it out?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Benedikt,

I never used the "/sessionmanagement" feature even in case of CUG.

What it does? It's basically allows to deliver cached files even when /allowAuthenticated is set to "1" based on a configurable header/cookie. IMHO this feature is obsolete with the AuthChecker method in place.

Please raise a Daycare issue for it.

Jörg

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Benedikt,

I never used the "/sessionmanagement" feature even in case of CUG.

What it does? It's basically allows to deliver cached files even when /allowAuthenticated is set to "1" based on a configurable header/cookie. IMHO this feature is obsolete with the AuthChecker method in place.

Please raise a Daycare issue for it.

Jörg