Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is it possible to restrict CUG users login to CQ5 Authoring Instance ?

Level 2

I am looking for restricting cug users login to CQ5 author but they should still be able to login to publisher. I am working on CQ5.5. is it possible ??

And do we have any best practices for enabling CUG feature ? 

Thanks 

Kapil

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

For your use as an alternative establish another staging publish instance to view restrict section of site.

IMO do not see any security risk.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

CUG  adds ACL to the configured page and optionally registers a login page to handle authentication on that subtree. It is meant for publish instance use case. However Try with enabling CUGSupportImpl component on author it might work.  What is your exact usecase.

Level 2

Thanks Sham for your reply.  Use case is

We have to restrict one section of the site (published) to only authenticated users.  When anyone hits this section, we have to prompt them for their credentials only then they should be able to view the pages. We don't want these users to log in on the Authoring instance at all i.e. they shouldn't be able to log in to  

[1] http://localhost:4502/libs/cq/core/content/login.html?resource=%2F&$$login$$=%24%24login%24%24

For implementing this we have used CUG feature and created users / groups but we don't want to allow these users to login to Author [1]. 

Apart from this is their any security risk of using this feature ? 

Correct answer by
Level 10

For your use as an alternative establish another staging publish instance to view restrict section of site.

IMO do not see any security risk.