Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Want to understand why MSSQL and MySQL is still Experimental Configuration in the docs

Level 2

Hi Team 

As per the below document it says the below url string and Driver is Experimental. What that supposed to mean here. Though it is working just want to understand any risk or experimentation still going on. If so Please let us know what kind of experimentation it is. is it Safe to use. 

• jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/databasename for MySQL and MariaDB (experimental);
  • jdbc:sqlserver://localhost:1453;databaseName=name for Microsoft SQL Server (experimental).
  • com.mysql.jdbc.Driver for MySQL and MariaDB (experimental);
  • com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver for Microsoft SQL Server (experimental).

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-65/content/implementing/deploying/depl...

And in the technical requirements document it says.Microsoft® SQL Server 2016 is supported. why postgres is not in the list. What type of rdbms supported here ? 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-65/content/implementing/deploying/intr...

Platform Description Support Level

File system with TAR files [1]RepositoryA: Supported
File system with Datastore [1]BinariesA: Supported
Store binaries in TAR files on file system [1]BinariesZ: Not supported for production
Amazon S3BinariesA: Supported
Microsoft® Azure Blob StorageBinariesA: Supported
MongoDB Enterprise 6.0RepositoryA: Supported [3, 4]
MongoDB Enterprise 5.0RepositoryA: Supported [3, 4]
MongoDB Enterprise 4.4RepositoryA: Supported [2, 3, 4, 7]
MongoDB Enterprise 4.2RepositoryA: Supported [2, 3, 4, 7]
MongoDB Enterprise 4.0RepositoryZ: Not supported
MongoDB Enterprise 3.6RepositoryZ: Not supported
MongoDB Enterprise 3.4RepositoryZ: Not supported
IBM® DB2® 10.5Repository & Forms DatabaseR: Restricted Support [5]
Oracle Database 12c (12.1.x)Repository & Forms DatabaseR: Restricted Support
Microsoft® SQL Server 2016Forms DatabaseA: Supported
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

In the end for any production environment you need to have a supported setup; that mans that you should follow the table on the page "technical requirements", which only lists Mongo, DB2 and Oracle DB as supported to use as storage for the repository (DB2 and Oracle as restricted).

That means that you don't get production support for a postgres-based AEM setup. That does not necessarily mean that it does not work (I believe that it actually works quite well), but in the end it is a question of being on a supported level or not.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi, 

The documentation you referred to is for AEM 6.4. I suggest you open a support ticket directly with Adobe and inquire about the support they provide for AEM versions 6.5 and higher.

Esteban Bustamante

Level 2

It says 6.4 once it is redirected it will be sub page of 6.5. I referred in 6.5 as well same was written. 

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

In the end for any production environment you need to have a supported setup; that mans that you should follow the table on the page "technical requirements", which only lists Mongo, DB2 and Oracle DB as supported to use as storage for the repository (DB2 and Oracle as restricted).

That means that you don't get production support for a postgres-based AEM setup. That does not necessarily mean that it does not work (I believe that it actually works quite well), but in the end it is a question of being on a supported level or not.

Administrator

@JeganNa Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if you require more information. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you've discovered a solution yourself, we would appreciate it if you could share it with the community. Thank you!

Kautuk Sahni