Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Voting Components

Level 1

Wenn I put the Voting Component in one geometrix demo pages (for example in /content/geometrixx/en/products/triangle/overview.html) or create a new page as described on the end of the "Using Voting Components" documentation (http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/developing/DevelopingWithSocialCommunities/SocialCommunitiesEl...) I get a error Page - Required parameters not present for creating tally response! ...
How to fix this Component?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

The voting components use the newer generation "social" components, but the geometrixx sample is built using the older collab components. You'll probably have better success using the Voting components in the geometrixx-outdoors or geometrixx-media samples. Otherwise you'd probably need to add the social clientlibs to the geometrixx samples pages. You might be able to use your browser's developer tools or the server log to see which libraries are not being found.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

The voting components use the newer generation "social" components, but the geometrixx sample is built using the older collab components. You'll probably have better success using the Voting components in the geometrixx-outdoors or geometrixx-media samples. Otherwise you'd probably need to add the social clientlibs to the geometrixx samples pages. You might be able to use your browser's developer tools or the server log to see which libraries are not being found.

Level 6

Is the "Reverse replication" between your publish and author instances activated?

/Ove

Level 10

This component works with no issues with geometrixx demo site:

[img]voting.png[/img]

I just tested it in this location: content/geometrixx/en/services/Scot.html. 

Level 1

Yes, it works in Chrome, but in Ferefox and IE i get the error like on the screenshot.  

[img]VotingErrorScreen.jpg[/img]