Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

View pages in Author instance without authentication

Level 6

Is there anyway to view pages in Preview Mode in author instance without authentication?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

What is the reason why you want to enable this anonymous access?

I ask mainly because I recall hearing a very similar question in the past. That team was asking the question because they wanted to provide a way to have pages reviewed internally before publishing them publicly, but did not want to require people to log into the author system to do so (this seemed like too much of a burden on the reviewers).

The solution they came up with was to set up a staging Publish instance internally, and they built a custom workflow which replicated the content to the staging instance. So, when they wanted to publish a page for review, instead of clicking Activate, they ran the "Publish to Stage" workflow on that page.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

What is the reason why you want to enable this anonymous access?

I ask mainly because I recall hearing a very similar question in the past. That team was asking the question because they wanted to provide a way to have pages reviewed internally before publishing them publicly, but did not want to require people to log into the author system to do so (this seemed like too much of a burden on the reviewers).

The solution they came up with was to set up a staging Publish instance internally, and they built a custom workflow which replicated the content to the staging instance. So, when they wanted to publish a page for review, instead of clicking Activate, they ran the "Publish to Stage" workflow on that page.

Employee

Viewing pages such as login page is possible in author mode by configuring the page path in org.apache.sling.engine.impl.auth.SlingAuthenticator for any Resource you want to access without authentication.

example 

sling.auth.requirements="[+/,-/libs/granite/core/content/login

Level 9

You can set up anonymous user access where you need to modify Sling Authentication service in felix console with the user you want.

There must be a user which exist in the system, I am not sure anything exists without authentication.

Level 10

If you are using webserver (dispacther) ,then  added basic auth for a canned "preview user"  and forced wcmmode=disabled and sent the request to the CQ Author instance.   Make sure to discuss with sales team on licence terms.