Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Video Thumbnails in Scene 7

Level 1

Hello,

In Scene7 when we upload videos, it automatically creates a thumbnail view of the video which can be seen in grid view display of the assets in Scene7. Is it possible that we can change the image in the thumbnail view of the video that has been uploaded ?

Thanks in Advance

Lijin Raj

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

The way I typically do it is by creating a thumbnail image and uploading accordingly. Add that to your media set and that should take care of it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 1

Lijin Raj wrote...

Hello,

In Scene7 when we upload videos, it automatically creates a thumbnail view of the video which can be seen in grid view display of the assets in Scene7. Is it possible that we can change the image in the thumbnail view of the video that has been uploaded ?

Thanks in Advance

Lijin Raj

Correct answer by
Level 1

The way I typically do it is by creating a thumbnail image and uploading accordingly. Add that to your media set and that should take care of it.

Employee

Alternatively you can use the viewer command posterimage=

http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/s7/viewers_ref/r_html5_video_viewer_conf_attrib_videopla...

Would be possible to use a naming convention for images uploaded to SPS... 'video123_poster' and then code the webpage to check if it exists (?req=exists) and if yes, then set this in the player.