Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

\/var/sitemaps is empty in author

Employee

Hello All,

I am working on generating sitemap, I am using aem sdk as well as AEMaaCS to generate sitemap, I have enabled sitemapgeneratorimpl config to "allOnDemand": true and checked the sitemap generator checkbox in the page property. but when i try to hit the url in author with sitemap.xml, its not showing the sitemap, its empty and also /var/sitemaps folders seems to be empty. can anyone help on this issue why its not generating the sitemap? even checked with wknd site and our project site, both having same issue

do anyone have any idea that i am missing out something?

Amsalek4_0-1712589610184.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @Amsalek4 
Is 'Generate Sitemap' checked in the page properties? and if you config to "allOnDemand": true will not generate static sitemap.xml in /var/sitemaps 

charlie_yc_0-1712624030847.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi, 

The sitemap is generated under /var/sitemaps only if you are using the scheduled version. The on-demand option won't generate the files under /var, as per my understanding. If you follow the instructions in this video: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-learn/sites/seo/sitemaps, you should be good. The only thing you need to double-check is that you don't have children pages enabled (checked) as part of the sitemap, as that may be causing what you are seeing.

Hope this helps

Esteban Bustamante

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @Amsalek4 
Is 'Generate Sitemap' checked in the page properties? and if you config to "allOnDemand": true will not generate static sitemap.xml in /var/sitemaps 

charlie_yc_0-1712624030847.png

Community Advisor

@Amsalek4 

Check if your pages are published. the sitemap generator will only consider published pages.

Also ensure that you have set the page property sling:sitemapRoot to true on your target root.