Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Vanity URLs not working on AEM6.3

Level 2

I am trying to implement vanity URLs in AEM 6.3. When I give a vanity URL to a page /content/project/en/abc as /content/project/en/xyz, mapping doesn't reflect on http://localhost:4502/system/console/jcrresolver and the page /content/project/en/xyz shows 404 error page. If I restart the AEM, Mapping and vanity URL works. Same thing happened if I re-update the vanity URL to /content/project/en/xyz1, the http://localhost:4502/system/console/jcrresolver  show mapping to still /content/project/en/xyz and the /content/project/en/xyz page works as vanity URL instead of /content/project/en/xyz1. After restarting AEM, it works as expected. Why it is not updating mapping when I enter/update vanity URLs

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

there are multiple ways to implement vanities, where/how did you create it? Did you use sling:vanity or sling:redirect?

I just tested on a we-retail page via page properties(sling:vanityPath) and it shows in console as expected.

On '/content/we-retail/us/en.html', I added '/content/we-retail/us/ca' as vanity in page properties. It appears in jcrresourceresolver and when I test localhost:4502/content/we-retail/us/ca, it redirects to '/content/we-retail/us/en.html'

did you test it via "Resolve" button on /system/console/jcrresolver?

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

there are multiple ways to implement vanities, where/how did you create it? Did you use sling:vanity or sling:redirect?

I just tested on a we-retail page via page properties(sling:vanityPath) and it shows in console as expected.

On '/content/we-retail/us/en.html', I added '/content/we-retail/us/ca' as vanity in page properties. It appears in jcrresourceresolver and when I test localhost:4502/content/we-retail/us/ca, it redirects to '/content/we-retail/us/en.html'

did you test it via "Resolve" button on /system/console/jcrresolver?