Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Vanity URL is not working as expected

Level 4

We have thousands of pages in our websites and out of those pages, 1500 pages have vanity URL associated with them.

I created a new page in author and assigned a vanity URL. After that I tried to hit the page with vanity URL as http://<author_host>:<author_port>/<vanity> but it redirected to 404 page. I went to Felix console > Sling Resource Resolver to verify the vanity but the vanity I entered, didn't even show up in resource resolver.

After sometime, 3 minutes and so, I hit the page again in author with vanity URL and it showed up. Also I could see the entry in sling resource resolver.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

My guess is that's probably the expected behavior. I don't know this for sure but my guess is that there is Modification Event Listener that listens for changes to the vanity URL property and updates the resource resolver configuration whenever changes are made to the content. Generally these kinds of listeners react quickly, but sometimes if there are lots of events happening they can be delayed which is probably what happened in your case. 

Again that's a total guess someone from Adobe could verify if I am right. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi,

I agree with orotas; normally Vanity URLs are picked up pretty fast, but especially under load it could take a bit longer. That's nothing I would really worry about unless it's getting really inconvenient.

kind regards,
Jörg

Correct answer by
Level 8

My guess is that's probably the expected behavior. I don't know this for sure but my guess is that there is Modification Event Listener that listens for changes to the vanity URL property and updates the resource resolver configuration whenever changes are made to the content. Generally these kinds of listeners react quickly, but sometimes if there are lots of events happening they can be delayed which is probably what happened in your case. 

Again that's a total guess someone from Adobe could verify if I am right.