Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Vanity Path for a node working on 5.6, not on AEM 6.0

Level 7

I have a node under etc, with sling:vanityPath property. It works perfectly in 5.6 but gives 404 in AEM 6.0. From Sling resource resolver, it gives "NonExistingResource, path=/mypath" in 6.0. Gets resolved in 5.6

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

I've noticed some problems with the vanity paths register in AEM6. Please take a look into the Resource Resolver status page in OSGi console: /system/console/jcrresolver and try to find the mapping that have been created based on your vanityPath. For a simple /mypath it should be sth similar to ^[^/]+/[^/]+/mypath(\..*).

If you won't find the mapping try touching the node through the CRXDE. Just add a random character at the end of the `sling:vanityPath` property, save the node and the rollback to the original value. Afterwards check if the mapping registry has been updated.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

I've noticed some problems with the vanity paths register in AEM6. Please take a look into the Resource Resolver status page in OSGi console: /system/console/jcrresolver and try to find the mapping that have been created based on your vanityPath. For a simple /mypath it should be sth similar to ^[^/]+/[^/]+/mypath(\..*).

If you won't find the mapping try touching the node through the CRXDE. Just add a random character at the end of the `sling:vanityPath` property, save the node and the rollback to the original value. Afterwards check if the mapping registry has been updated.

Level 7

Although in http://localhost:4502/system/console/jcrresolver, resource search path is specied as [/apps/, /libs/, /apps/foundation/components/primary/, /libs/foundation/components/primary/], it seems that in 5.6, it searches under /etc also whereas in 6.0, it searches under above mentioned paths only