Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Using xtypes with TouchUI

Level 4

This article https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/creating-touchui-xtypes.html says "It's strongly recommended that you place custom xtypes in a cq:widgets client library folder for use in AEM 6, as shown in this development article. If a custom xtype is placed in a client library folder based on a custom category property (for example, myclientlib), it may not work in AEM 6 Touch UI. "

Can someone elaborate on the "may not work" aspect of that? In my case, it seems to not work unless I use a categories property of cq.widgets. However, I'm in a situation where this client may have other vendors installing code to the AEM servers, and I'm trying to minimize the possibility of collisions with their code. Having everyone use the same categories property will introduce more risk from that perspective, and if there's a way to remove that requirement, I'd be interested in looking at it.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I found the email - it states:

It should be in the cq.widgets category. However - it can be in any of these categories:

• cq.wcm.edit
  • cq.widgets
  • cq.security
  • cq.tagging
  • cq.cloudserviceconfigs
  • cq.dam.scene7

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

When this article was written - Eng told us that for a custom xtype to work in Touch UI - it had to be placed in the specific client libs that we mentioned in the article. I tested this and found out it only worked in cq.widgets client lib. 

Correct answer by
Level 10

I found the email - it states:

It should be in the cq.widgets category. However - it can be in any of these categories:

• cq.wcm.edit
  • cq.widgets
  • cq.security
  • cq.tagging
  • cq.cloudserviceconfigs
  • cq.dam.scene7

Level 10

Article was also updated to include mention of these other categories.