Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Using data-sly-list with multifield to include components

Level 2

I'm trying to loop through columns and rows to define a table like structure and add authoring interfaces for each cell with a component 

<sly data-sly-use.count="count.js" data-sly-unwrap 
data-sly-use.model="com.example.core.models.content.TableOfContentsModel"/>

<div data-sly-test="${wcmmode.edit}" class="cq-placeholder cq-marker-start"
    data-emptytext="${component.title} Component" style="min-width:250px; min-height:100px;"></div>

<div class="container ">

<div class="table">
<sly data-sly-list.row="${count.numberOfRows}">
        <div class="table-row">
            <sly data-sly-list.column="${model.numberOfColumns}">
                <div class="table-cell" data-sly-test.resourceNode="${['logo2',row.intValue, column.intValue] ='-'}">
                    <div data-sly-resource="${ =resourceNode,
                         resourceType='example/components/content/tableLongForm/rte'}"
                        data-sly-unwrap="${!wcmmode.edit && !wcmmode.preview}" style="min-width:60px;">
                    </div>
                </div>
                </sly>

</div>
        </sly>
    </div>
    </div>

The data-sly-list.row="${count.numberOfRows}" array iterates through and repeats the table-row class and adds Rte component in each of the row but the multifield array data-sly-list.card="${model.listOfChapters}" only repeats the html element but dosent add that many number of Rte components and I'm left with only one Rte component per row as shown in the  image.

hrempd_0-1643732178257.png

Am I doing it right or is there any other approach that I can use?
Thanks in advance!

3 Replies

Level 7

I think there are 4 RTEs added but they are overlapping one another.

Try adding unique id to each div ( you can use list index for that), and then write some CSS to position these elements.

You would be able to see those RTEs now.

Level 2

I rechecked in the content tree, there are only 4 RTE's (one RTE per row). They are not overlapping

I tried to author one RTE and it gets applied to every cell in the row

hrempd_0-1643803159941.png

Level 2

Can you make below changes and test? Looks like your resource name is duplicate:

<div class="table-cell" data-sly-test.resourceNode="${'{0}{1}{2}' @ format=['row2',rowList.count, columnList.count], i18n}">
<div data-sly-resource="${ resourceNode @ resourceType='demo/components/text'}" data-sly-unwrap="${!wcmmode.edit && !wcmmode.preview}" style="min-width:60px;">