Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Using custom components in Experience fragment in SPA react app

Level 2

For our site , we think experience fragment can be good choice for some work.

When I created Experience fragment in react SPA app, I can use some generic components but can not use my custom component.

I can see those components available to add but when I add it , we do not see anything in UI(in experience fragment and in page where we use it). We can see that component in crxde but not in UI.

Also checked same for wknd-spa-react project(demo that AEM folks has provided). Same issue is also happening on their custom component and hello world component.

We are using AEM 6.5.0

Thank you in advance for your time and help

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @neerav_it,

Can you confirm if you have React component equivalent for your custom AEM component?

If yes, check if MapTo is defined to point to custom AEM component (MapTo from @adobe/aem-react-editable-components)

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @neerav_it,

Can you confirm if you have React component equivalent for your custom AEM component?

If yes, check if MapTo is defined to point to custom AEM component (MapTo from @adobe/aem-react-editable-components)

Level 2
Yes we do have corressponding react component and have mapto for that too. I also checked same for wknd-spa-react project(demo that AEM folks has provided). Same issue is also happening on their custom component and hello world component.

Community Advisor

Came across the below thread and realized Experience fragment in AEM SPA editor is not available OOB. Accepted solution from the thread has the implementation. 

I suggest to try the same. 

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/aem-6-4-with-spa-editor-ho...

Note : I will also try in parallel and update this thread.