Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Using Context Aware Configuration Collection

Level 2

I created a CAC Configuration with the collection = true like this (redacting real values and field names)

package com.cws.aem.core.beans.caconfigs;

import org.apache.sling.caconfig.annotation.Configuration;
import org.apache.sling.caconfig.annotation.Property;

@Configuration(label = "Some Configuration", collection = true)
public @interface SomeConfiguration{
@Property(label = "Field A", order = 1)
String fieldA();

@Property(label = "Field B", order = 6)
String fieldB();
}

When I try to use the configuration above I used the following code

resource = getRequest().getRequestPathInfo().getSuffixResource();
resourceResolver = resource.getResourceResolver();
collection = resourceResolver.adaptTo(PageManager.class).getContainingPage(resource)
.getContentResource().adaptTo(ConfigurationBuilder.class).asCollection(SomeConfiguration.class);

I step through the logic with the JVM debugger, I can actually see the resource nodes for the configurations I stored. I don't know how to access that data though and render the values in the HTL template.

johns43992246_0-1677524500001.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @johns43992246,
As I understood, You have two requirements. Let me give you another solution.
1. Populate dialog dropdown from CA config(collection type).
 Create a servlet which serve as datasource. 

@Component(service = Servlet.class)
@SlingServletResourceTypes(
        methods = {HttpConstants.METHOD_GET},
        resourceTypes = "aemgeeks/components/datasource/dropdown"
)
public class DataSourceServlet extends SlingAllMethodsServlet {
    private static final Logger LOG = LoggerFactory.getLogger(DataSourceServlet.class);
    @Override
    protected void doGet(SlingHttpServletRequest request, SlingHttpServletResponse response) throws ServletException, IOException {
            Resource resource = request.getRequestPathInfo().getSuffixResource();
            PageManager pageManager = request.getResourceResolver().adaptTo(PageManager.class);
            Page formPage = pageManager.getContainingPage(resource);
            List<Resource> list = new ArrayList<>();
            InheritanceValueMap ivm = new HierarchyNodeInheritanceValueMap(formPage.getContentResource());
            String ctxConfigPath = ivm.getInherited("sling:configRef", String.class);
            if (StringUtils.isNotEmpty(ctxConfigPath)) {
                String apiConfigRoot =ctxConfigPath +"/sling:configs/"+ SomeConfiguration.class.getCanonicalName();
                Resource apiResource = request.getResourceResolver().getResource(apiConfigRoot);
                apiResource.listChildren().forEachRemaining(child -> {
                    ValueMap vm = new ValueMapDecorator(new HashMap<String, Object>());
                    vm.put("text", child.getValueMap().get("fieldA", String.class));
                    vm.put("value", child.getValueMap().get("fieldA", String.class));
                    list.add(new ValueMapResource(request.getResourceResolver(), new ResourceMetadata(),
                            "nt:unstructured", vm));
                });
                DataSource dataSource = new SimpleDataSource(list.iterator());
                request.setAttribute(DataSource.class.getName(), dataSource);
            }
    }
}

Dropdown Dialog field- Use resourceType used in servlet as datasource for dropdown 

<caconfig
                        jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"
                        sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/select"
                        fieldLabel="CA Configs"
                        name="./caconfig">
                        <datasource
                            sling:resourceType="aemgeeks/components/datasource/dropdown"/>
                    </caconfig>

2. Now if you need same CA Config values in Sighlty, use Sling model to get CA Config values.
Sling Model: 

public List<SomeConfiguration> getConfigList() {
        InheritanceValueMap ivm = new HierarchyNodeInheritanceValueMap(currentPage.getContentResource());
        String apiConfigRoot =ctxConfigPath +"/sling:configs/"+ SomeConfiguration.class.getCanonicalName();
        Resource configResource=resourceResolver.getResource(apiConfigRoot);
        Collection<SomeConfiguration> configs=configResource.adaptTo(ConfigurationBuilder.class).asCollection(SomeConfiguration.class);
        return new ArrayList<SomeConfiguration>(configs);
    }

Sightly Code - As you have entire CA Config object in list, you can get any data.

<div data-sly-use.config="com.aem.geeks.core.models.CAConfig"></div>
<div data-sly-list.item="${config.configList}">
 <p> Config : <b>${item.fieldA} </b></p>
</div>

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

HI @johns43992246 

Once you get the collection, you can iterate it through the data-sly-list in htl

Collection<CAConfig> CAConfigs
<ul data-sly-list.collection="${classObject.CAConfigs}" data-sly-unwrap>
  <li>${collection.configValue}</li> </ul>

Hope it helps!

Thanks,
Kiran Vedantam.

Level 2

I'm actually trying to pass these values in as part of a data query for a dropdown in authoring dialog. So there needs to be some transformation here from the array to the DataSource class object. If I could figure out how to get the ValueMap of each child node in the collection, I think I can handle the transformation logic.

Community Advisor

My query is why are you trying to populate the config values in the drop-down? Ideally, they should be authored on the page. Anyways, for your use case you can try this Map code

HTL-code:

<div data-sly-use.hashmap="com.adobe.examples.htl.core.hashmap.HashMapExample"
     data-sly-list="${hashmap.map.keySet.iterator}">
     ${item}
     <ul data-sly-list.aem="${hashmap.map[item].keySet.iterator}">
         <li>${aem} ${hashmap.map[item][aem]}</li>
     </ul>
</div>

Hope it helps!

Thanks,
Kiran Vedantam.

Level 2

For this use case I am trying to pass the properties as options in component configuration dialog. I would like use a data query which we have done previously for dynamically generated dropdown options:

<dialogNode
fieldDescription="component field"
fieldLabel="field label"
name="./field">
<datasource
sling:resourceType="/resource/path/file.html"/>
</dialogNode>

file.html would have this HTL where SomeDataSource is the JavaClass that generates the options for the dropdown.

<div data-sly-use.info="${'com.cws.aem.core.datasource.SomeDataSource'}" data-sly-unwrap></div>

I have this already mapped out for another data source query so I would like to just transform the data from the child resource nodes to fit that query output.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @johns43992246,
As I understood, You have two requirements. Let me give you another solution.
1. Populate dialog dropdown from CA config(collection type).
 Create a servlet which serve as datasource. 

@Component(service = Servlet.class)
@SlingServletResourceTypes(
        methods = {HttpConstants.METHOD_GET},
        resourceTypes = "aemgeeks/components/datasource/dropdown"
)
public class DataSourceServlet extends SlingAllMethodsServlet {
    private static final Logger LOG = LoggerFactory.getLogger(DataSourceServlet.class);
    @Override
    protected void doGet(SlingHttpServletRequest request, SlingHttpServletResponse response) throws ServletException, IOException {
            Resource resource = request.getRequestPathInfo().getSuffixResource();
            PageManager pageManager = request.getResourceResolver().adaptTo(PageManager.class);
            Page formPage = pageManager.getContainingPage(resource);
            List<Resource> list = new ArrayList<>();
            InheritanceValueMap ivm = new HierarchyNodeInheritanceValueMap(formPage.getContentResource());
            if (StringUtils.isNotEmpty(ctxConfigPath)) {
                Resource apiResource = request.getResourceResolver().getResource(apiConfigRoot);
                apiResource.listChildren().forEachRemaining(child -> {
                    ValueMap vm = new ValueMapDecorator(new HashMap<String, Object>());
                    vm.put("text", child.getValueMap().get("fieldA", String.class));
                    vm.put("value", child.getValueMap().get("fieldA", String.class));
                    list.add(new ValueMapResource(request.getResourceResolver(), new ResourceMetadata(),
                            "nt:unstructured", vm));
                });
                DataSource dataSource = new SimpleDataSource(list.iterator());
                request.setAttribute(DataSource.class.getName(), dataSource);
            }
    }
}

Dropdown Dialog field- Use resourceType used in servlet as datasource for dropdown 

<caconfig
                        fieldLabel="CA Configs"
                        name="./caconfig">
                        <datasource
                            sling:resourceType="aemgeeks/components/datasource/dropdown"/>
                    </caconfig>

2. Now if you need same CA Config values in Sighlty, use Sling model to get CA Config values.
Sling Model: 

public List<SomeConfiguration> getConfigList() {
        InheritanceValueMap ivm = new HierarchyNodeInheritanceValueMap(currentPage.getContentResource());
        Resource configResource=resourceResolver.getResource(apiConfigRoot);
        Collection<SomeConfiguration> configs=configResource.adaptTo(ConfigurationBuilder.class).asCollection(SomeConfiguration.class);
        return new ArrayList<SomeConfiguration>(configs);
    }

Sightly Code - As you have entire CA Config object in list, you can get any data.

<div data-sly-use.config="com.aem.geeks.core.models.CAConfig"></div>
<div data-sly-list.item="${config.configList}">
 <p> Config : <b>${item.fieldA} </b></p>
</div>

Level 2

Thanks, this works, I adapted it to the

com.adobe.granite.ui.components.ds.DataSource

without needing a servlet. However, I am not able to replicate the child nodes to the /conf path when I publish. This probably should be a separate question though.