Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Using bootstrap.css prevents touch ui dialog from opening (AEM 6.2)

Level 3

I am using Bootstrap for a responsive grid. However, when loading the boostrap.css file, the tough ui dialogs don't open anymore.

If I remove that specific bootstrap.css file, the dialog box is visible and the touch ui dialog opens again.

Has anyone noticed this behavior? If yes, is there a fix for that? This is for AEM 6.2.

BTW: The classic ui works.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

We have an article that uses Bootstrap to create a grid component. The Touch UI Dialogs open fine as shown here:

AAA.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

I don't think it would be a product issue.

Did you tried to notice the error in browser console when dialog didn't open or error.log. 

Also if possible, please share the screenshot as well.

Thanks

Level 3

No, there is no error reported in the log files.

In a "normal" case you mouse over the component and see the blue box around the component. You click the box and you get the tool icon to open the dialog. When you use "bootstrap.css" (either clientlibs or loading directly with <link> tag), the blue box does not appear and hence you can't click to open the dialog.

Maybe this is a known issue. It exists in the Classic UI as well, but I can override it with a CSS fix.

In the meantime I will see if I can create a small AEM package so the error can be reproduced.

Correct answer by
Level 10

We have an article that uses Bootstrap to create a grid component. The Touch UI Dialogs open fine as shown here:

AAA.png

Level 3

Thanks a lot, will check the article. I actually stumbled into the issue when I did a simple test. I have a static html page with a simple form to enter values and a submit that calls a servlet to store them. It's based on bootstrap and I wanted to test the POST servlet.

I created a simple template and for simplicity purposes used customheaderlibs.html to load the CSS and JS files. This line

<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://forums.adobe.com/etc/clientlibs/jim/dependencies/jim-theme/css/bootstrap.min.css" />

is causing the problem. All other link tags are fine and I can open the touch-ui dialog. If I remove the boostrap.css link, dialog is fine. If I add it, the blue frame is not visible anymore and I can't open the dialog.

I will check your article and see if I can do something else, maybe with clientlibs.

Thanks for your advise!