Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Using AEM v/s AEM SPA

Level 1

Our team is planning to migrate a module and utilize AEM for its implementation. We are new to AEM and I'm trying to understand the pros and cons of using AEM v/s AEM SPA. Our current project follows the architecture of using React for the frontend and Java for the backend. We have a bunch of React components already built and exposed as a library as part of this project. What would be the ideal approach for projects in this scenario? I have seen documentation with respect to using AEM SPA for React/Angular-based projects but would like to understand the level of effort, and flexibility using the OOTB components provided by AEM while using general editor v/s the SPA editor.

Can someone please help me understand and outline the best possible approaches we could take?

Thanks in advance!!

-Manasa

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @manasabojja,

Considering your current architecture I would go with AEM SPA. Since, "Single page applications (SPAs) can offer compelling experiences for website users. Developers want to be able to build sites using SPA frameworks and authors want to seamlessly edit content within AEM for a site built using SPA frameworks.

The SPA authoring feature offers a comprehensive solution for supporting SPAs within AEM."
In addition to above, it is comparatively a bit easy to migrate your already developed react components than AEM where effort will be less.
For more details please go through this article: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/developing/spas/spa-implementing-react...

Hope that helps you!

Regards,

Santosh

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @manasabojja,

Considering your current architecture I would go with AEM SPA. Since, "Single page applications (SPAs) can offer compelling experiences for website users. Developers want to be able to build sites using SPA frameworks and authors want to seamlessly edit content within AEM for a site built using SPA frameworks.

The SPA authoring feature offers a comprehensive solution for supporting SPAs within AEM."
In addition to above, it is comparatively a bit easy to migrate your already developed react components than AEM where effort will be less.
For more details please go through this article: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/developing/spas/spa-implementing-react...

Hope that helps you!

Regards,

Santosh