Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

User Redirection on Login

Level 7

Good Morning Community,

I have to redirect different user to different pages after login based on their profile, such as User A would be landed on /content/project/product/path1 and User B would be landed on /content/project/product/path2

Have anyone implemented something like this?

Now what I understand from this is we might need to override authentication handler for this, correct? I am also was thinking how the session would be managed? Like if user A logs in and then closes the browser and then again come back and hit the website he should be taken to the desired home page, would this be taken care by the OOTB AEM functionality or we need to write custom code for the same. I have not much experience on working with Login Module. So please bare with me if I have asked some silly questions.

Thanks and Regards,
Tuhin

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I got this reply from Eng: 

They could look at creating a universal authentication handler hook [1] should be a universal.

https://github.com/Adobe-Consulting-Services/acs-aem-samples/blob/master/bundle/src/main/java/com/ad...

View solution in original post

16 Replies

Level 10

That sounds like a good use case - i think you are correct - you would need a custom handler for this. I will check tomorrow (Tues USA Time) to see if anyone has implemented this. 

Level 7

Thanks Scott for the quick reply. That would really be helpful if we could get some implementation to start with and build from.

Thank and Regards,

Tuhin

Level 7

Hi Scott/Community,

Did you get any chance to take a look into this ?

Thanks and Regards,

Tuhin

Level 7

Hi Scott/Members,

Did anyone find anything relevant to this problem statement?

Thanks

Tuhin

Administrator

I will forward this to Scott

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 10

I am still looking for an example - i want to write this up as a HELPX. 

Correct answer by
Level 10

I got this reply from Eng: 

They could look at creating a universal authentication handler hook [1] should be a universal.

https://github.com/Adobe-Consulting-Services/acs-aem-samples/blob/master/bundle/src/main/java/com/ad...

Level 7

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the reply. A helpx article would be very much helpful regarding this problem statement.

I have looked into the github code that you have shared. With this code I am able to see that every time a page is requested this class is getting called. 

After some small changes I am able to redirect the user to a particular page from the code. But the problem is since this class is getting called every time no matter what page i click, its getting redirected to the same page. I  am not able to access any other page than the login page even after log in if I am doing a deferredRedirectResponse.sendRedirect("/content/tuhin/home/path1.html");

I am doing the sendRedirect from the authenticationSucceeded method, just before releaseRedirect mehtod call. Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong.

Thanks and Regards,

Tuhin

Level 7

Hi Scott,

It worked for me after adding some custom logic. Thanks a ton for helping out. Also pass on my thanks to the engineering team.

Regards,

Tuhin

Level 1

Tuhin Ghosh​, could you comment a little bit about the needed changes to not redirect always to login page?

Level 10

This thread is 2 years old - if you want to learn how to redirect users after a successful login - see this article - where a login component is developed: Creating a Login Component for the Experience Manager Toy Store

Level 7

HI Jorgwel,

Its quit old now and I have to dig in a bit at the old code. And my login page was always same, it was after the authentication they ought to be redirected to the different landing pages based on their profile. Kindly let me know if this is what you're trying to achieve.

Try to look at Scott's link and see if that helps, otherwise please elaborate your problem a bit further so that the community can understand the problem well and give you a proper resolution.

Thanks

Tuhin

Level 1

Hi @Tuhin_Ghosh i want to redirect to desired home page, when user just hit the domain only not any homepage path  based on user profile after saml login. Is there a way to archive it? 

Level 10

My Link is based on a new AEM 6.3 article written last summer that shows how to write a login component for the AEM example Toy Store site.  It includes a redirect.