Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

User impersonation not working

Former Community Member

I have a team of users, Team A.  Users in Team A must be able to unlock each others locked pages even though they are not using the admin account.  I thought I could use CQ5 impersonation for this.  I have set up this team to impersonate each other.  However, when they log in, they are not able to impersonate anyone.

When I set myself as an impersonator of members of Team A, I am able to impersonate team.

All of the users in this environment have full read/write access set up in CQ5 permissions.  The only difference is that I am a member of administrators, while the members of Team A are not.  Is this required for using impersonation?  If not, what else could I be missing?  

I am using CQ 5.6.1.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I would suggest you to create a group with the permission set of administrator and see if it works (it should actually work). Now, you can start removing the permission for which you need to block for the group you have created. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

I would suggest you to create a group with the permission set of administrator and see if it works (it should actually work). Now, you can start removing the permission for which you need to block for the group you have created. 

Former Community Member

No unfortunately.  The users do not see any names available for impersonation at all.