Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Use of mongoDB for one feature of our AEM application.

Level 8

Hello All,

Till now, client AEM application has only public pages, there was no concept of User registration, Login. But now, we are introducing Gated pages, User Registration, Logic feature. Only registered users can see private pages. To implement this, team is thinking of utilizing MongoDB to save the user details. Anyone has used MongoDB with AEM application?  Could you please help me in this?

Thanks

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I would use an established authentication system and connect it on AEM Publish via SAML It seems to me that you try to implement everything on your own, which works, but is expensive.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

@Mahesh_Gunaje what kind of site it is? Are the users logged to site in general or only users for gated content? What's the size of user base? Are you looking for CUG kind of concept?

Level 8

Hi @Shashi_Mulugu @Jörg_Hoh 

As of now, AEM application is for anonymous user. Now, we are introducing gated content. We might need to use CUG concept.  Once user tries to register/login, this connects to SSO part(3rd party site).  Then, once registers there, control goes(redirection) back to AEM page with cookie details, user details. Now, I need to save the user details in jcr or in MongoDB. 

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I would use an established authentication system and connect it on AEM Publish via SAML It seems to me that you try to implement everything on your own, which works, but is expensive.

Administrator

@Mahesh_Gunaje Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni