Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Upgrading from CQ 5.5 to AEM 6.2

Level 2

i am working on upgrading an old site based on cq 5.5 to AEM 6.2. The site is pretty small and has around 50 components,  The amount of content is around 500 pages. There are 10 components using the old collab dependencies:

com.day.cq.collab.commons.Comment,

com.day.cq.collab.commons.Comment,

com.day.cq.collab.commons.CommentSystem,

com.day.cq.collab.blog.Blog,

com.day.cq.collab.blog.BlogManager.

All the components are created using old style jsp.

I am planning on moving the code and content to a parallel stack rather than an in-place attack. i have a couple of questions:

1. Can i package the content from the old 5.5 env and install it on the 6.2 env? (i will be upgrading the code and API's anyway) or do i need to run the content through crx2oak. If i move the content to a parallel stack, how do i run crx2oak on it?

2. How can i upgrade the Blog components? Do i need to rework the components using SCF as Handlebars. Do we need a separate license for using the scf? Can i just do a 1-on-1 switch and change the old dependencies with new dependencies?

3. Is there any way i can find out which API's have been deprecated and compare API;s between 5.5 and 6.2?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

not sure about how licensing works for communities, reach out to your account manager or Adob CSM for clarity but in technical terms you don’t need to include the social framework if you don’t use it

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee

Colllab components are deprecated and won’t work in 6.2 and 6.3 as a new social framework was inteoduced. You should be relying on to new communities components in AEM

Level 2

Hi Guys, This site has no User generated content do i still need the social framework. Also for using the social component framework do i need a separate license other than the AEM license?

Correct answer by
Employee

not sure about how licensing works for communities, reach out to your account manager or Adob CSM for clarity but in technical terms you don’t need to include the social framework if you don’t use it

Level 8

1. Can i package the content from the old 5.5 env and install it on the 6.2 env? (i will be upgrading the code and API's anyway) or do i need to run the content through crx2oak. If i move the content to a parallel stack, how do i run crx2oak on it?

YOU FIRST NEED TO UPGRADE THE REPOSITORY AND THEN ONLY MIGRATE CONTENT USING CRX2OAK TOOL. NO NEED TO PACKAGE THE CONTENT AND INSTALL ON 6.2 . JUST KEEP BACK UP OF REPOSITORY AND FOLLOW MIGRATION STEPS

2. How can i upgrade the Blog components? Do i need to rework the components using SCF as Handlebars. Do we need a separate license for using the scf? Can i just do a 1-on-1 switch and change the old dependencies with new dependencies?

NO SEPARATE LICENSE REQUIRED FOR SCF COMPONENTS. THEY ARE PROVIDED OOTB.

3. Is there any way i can find out which API's have been deprecated and compare API;s between 5.5 and 6.2?

Deprecated List ("The Adobe AEM Quickstart and Web Application.")