Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Updating XF root folder with cloud configuration removes all Experience Fragments

Level 3

Hi All, 

We are using AEM as Cloud service. Currently, we are adding Adobe Target cloud service configuration on Experience Fragment root folder. This is done to enable export to Experience Fragment to Adobe Target. After the root folder is updated and published, all the experience fragments gets removed from Repository browser in published version and the end users don't see them anymore. 
To resolve this, we have to re-publish each and every experience fragments individually (not just the root folder). After that also, some experience fragments like header and footer don't work. This is causing a major concern about whether to integrate Adobe Target or not. (Attached screenshots below)

Has anyone else faced this same problem?

Many thanks 
Best Regards,
Rupal

jainrupal2408_0-1713875573623.png

jainrupal2408_1-1713875733659.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi All, 

So I had raised this with Adobe and it seems its a product issue and they have raised an incident in their JIRA. However, to solve this, I tried to add this configuration on each language root, instead of website root folder. That worked for me.

Thanks all for your replies.

Best,

Rupal

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

HI @jainrupal2408 ,

Experiencing such behavior where updating the XF root folder with cloud configuration removes all Experience Fragments in Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) as a Cloud Service can indeed be concerning. However, this issue seems unexpected and could be due to various factors. Here are some considerations and potential solutions:

1. Cloud Configuration Impact: Ensure that the Adobe Target cloud service configuration applied to the Experience Fragment (XF) root folder is correctly configured and applied. Check if there are any misconfigurations or conflicts that could be causing the removal of XF content.

2. Versioning and Publishing: When updating configurations or making changes to the XF root folder, make sure to follow best practices for versioning and publishing content in AEM. Verify that all changes are properly versioned and published to ensure consistency across environments.

3. Recovery Steps: If XF content is unexpectedly removed after applying the cloud configuration, investigate recovery options. This may involve rolling back changes, restoring deleted content, or republishing affected XFs.

4. Investigate Dependencies: Review the dependencies and relationships between the XF root folder, cloud configurations, and individual XFs. There may be dependencies or interactions that are causing unintended consequences when changes are applied.

5. Content Migration: Consider performing a content migration to ensure that all XF content is properly managed and preserved during configuration updates. This may involve exporting XF content, applying necessary changes, and reimporting or republishing content as needed.

6. Adobe Support: If the issue persists or is impacting critical workflows, consider reaching out to Adobe Support for assistance. They can provide guidance, troubleshoot the issue, and offer solutions tailored to your specific environment and use case.

7. Community Feedback: Reach out to the AEM community forums or user groups to see if others have encountered similar issues or have suggestions for resolving the issue. Community feedback and insights can be valuable in troubleshooting and finding solutions.

8. Documentation Review: Review the documentation for Adobe Target integration in AEM as a Cloud Service to ensure that all steps and configurations are correctly followed. Sometimes, small details or overlooked steps can cause unexpected behavior.

By carefully investigating the issue and considering these potential solutions, you can work towards resolving the problem and ensuring the smooth integration of Adobe Target with Experience Fragments in AEM as a Cloud Service.

Administrator

@jainrupal2408 Did you find the suggestions helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Administrator

@jainrupal2408 Did you find the suggestions helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi All, 

So I had raised this with Adobe and it seems its a product issue and they have raised an incident in their JIRA. However, to solve this, I tried to add this configuration on each language root, instead of website root folder. That worked for me.

Thanks all for your replies.

Best,

Rupal