Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Unlock Page not working - Touch UI - Page Edit

Community Advisor

Hi

I am facing an issue with unlocking a page . I tried it in 3 ways

1. Via the sites.html top menu bar  - Works fine

1288676_pastedImage_0.png

2. The Properties tab in the page top left corner  - Not working

1288677_pastedImage_3.png

3. The classic UI siteadmin - Working Fine

smacdonald2008kautuksahni​ Is this an issue in AEM ? I faced the same issue in my STAGE server too ? Please find a screen share to help you understand the issue more clear

https://www.screencast.com/t/1kfsQ1xljYg

Thanks

Veena

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hey kautuksahni, Veena_07

You are correct. I installed fresh instance AEM 6.3 and tested. It works!! Attaching the screenshot below.

UnlockPage.PNG

UnlockPage1.PNG

Thanks,

Ratna.

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Administrator

Veena_07

I just tested it on AEM 6.3, working fine for me by doing it using step 2 mentioned. Do you get any browser or AEM error while unlocking?

What is AEM version you using? Can you quickly check it on a fresh instance? Also, try clicking the Lock icon button in step 2.

~Kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 10

Hi Kautuk,

I tested all 3 ways but for me too 2nd step not worked. Lock is not working. Attaching the error in console.

Unlock.PNG

I will also test in fresh instance and let you know my findings.

Thanks,

Ratna.

Administrator

Which AEM version are you checking it on?

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Administrator

See this:- ScreenCast Video

Working fine for me.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hey kautuksahni, Veena_07

You are correct. I installed fresh instance AEM 6.3 and tested. It works!! Attaching the screenshot below.

UnlockPage.PNG

UnlockPage1.PNG

Thanks,

Ratna.

Community Advisor

I didn't get this message at all when I tried the same

Administrator

Any browser error? Also, check AEM error.log.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Community Advisor

kautuksahni

This is working for the We.retail example for me in my old and new 6.3 . But when I try it in a custom page , it throws the below error

This is a custom page created from scratch . Project created using AEM developer tool with Maven archetype 10.  Do you think it is expecting any foundation JS to be included in the page template ?

Community Advisor

Ratna Kumar​ I see you also tried it in We.retail, Can you try this on a new project site as you tried in the first instance ?

Level 10

Hey Veena,

I think you are right. See my first comment when I tried in custom page I see the same error.

core.js:32697 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'shared' of undefined

at HTMLButtonElement.unlockPage (core.js:32697)

at HTMLDocument.dispatch (jquery.js:5226)

at HTMLDocument.elemData.handle (jquery.js:4878)

If it is working in We retail page and not in custom page, it could be a bug. I suggest you to raise the Day care support ticket.

Thanks,

Ratna.

Community Advisor

smacdonald2008kautuksahni​ Would you be able to help with a bug ticket ? I am afraid I don't have access to raise a day care ticket

Level 10

To raise a ticket - email cuscare@adobe.com to ensure you have an account.  You should include your email address and company as well as the company’s Customer Id (EUID)

Community Advisor

smacdonald2008​ I will get in touch with my BU for the same

Thanks

Veena

Level 2

Why this issue happens custom pages?

In we-retail pages it works, because cq.shared library is included as part of the page itself in the one of the scripts for ex: (/libs/wcm/foundation/components/basicpage/v1/basicpage/basicpage.html).

To fix the issue, copy the same the below lines code in any of the head.html where head is included in your custom page scripts.

<sly data-sly-use.clientlib="${'/libs/granite/sightly/templates/clientlib.html'}">
<sly data-sly-test="${!wcmmode.disabled}"
data-sly-call="${clientlib.all @ categories = [
'cq.authoring.page',
'cq.shared',
'cq.foundation-main',
'wcm.foundation.components.parsys.allowedcomponents'
]
}"></sly>