Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Uninstalling UI.Content Package on CRXDE

Level 3

If I uninstall the current ui.content package on CRXDE, would AEM automatically install the previous version of ui.content package? Or would I have empty content completely?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

When a package that has a version is uninstalled, Sling installs the previously available version in place of the uninstalled one, which is its primary behavior.

If we upload three packages sequentially and install one after another
like this...

package-test-1.0.0.zip -> installed
package-test-2.0.0.zip -> installed
package-test-3.0.0.zip -> installed

Installed the version 3.0.0

lribeirodev_0-1698898843860.png

The behavior is that if I uninstall version 3.0.0, the previously installed package replaces it.

lribeirodev_1-1698898877038.png

If I want to remove the content without uninstalling the packages, I need to go to CRXDE and delete it from there.

If I want to view other available versions and it filters content, I need to click on "More" and then select "Other Versions".

lribeirodev_2-1698899116119.png

lribeirodev_3-1698899203345.png

This behavior proceeds in a local instance, but what If we do the same steps in a cloud-based environment...

lribeirodev_4-1698899563729.png

lribeirodev_6-1698899748516.png

We can see the same behavior occurred, but this behavior in the cloud manager is only for uploaded packages, packages that were converted to cp2fm-converted they do not have other versions available...

lribeirodev_7-1698899952878.png

this kind of package generally is a package that comes from a project that was uploaded and installed by the pipelines of the cloud manager.

I hope this clarifies any questions about the subject, feel free to ask again if you cannot understand I will try my best to help you.

regards,
Lucas Ribeiro.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

When a package that has a version is uninstalled, Sling installs the previously available version in place of the uninstalled one, which is its primary behavior.

If we upload three packages sequentially and install one after another
like this...

package-test-1.0.0.zip -> installed
package-test-2.0.0.zip -> installed
package-test-3.0.0.zip -> installed

Installed the version 3.0.0

lribeirodev_0-1698898843860.png

The behavior is that if I uninstall version 3.0.0, the previously installed package replaces it.

lribeirodev_1-1698898877038.png

If I want to remove the content without uninstalling the packages, I need to go to CRXDE and delete it from there.

If I want to view other available versions and it filters content, I need to click on "More" and then select "Other Versions".

lribeirodev_2-1698899116119.png

lribeirodev_3-1698899203345.png

This behavior proceeds in a local instance, but what If we do the same steps in a cloud-based environment...

lribeirodev_4-1698899563729.png

lribeirodev_6-1698899748516.png

We can see the same behavior occurred, but this behavior in the cloud manager is only for uploaded packages, packages that were converted to cp2fm-converted they do not have other versions available...

lribeirodev_7-1698899952878.png

this kind of package generally is a package that comes from a project that was uploaded and installed by the pipelines of the cloud manager.

I hope this clarifies any questions about the subject, feel free to ask again if you cannot understand I will try my best to help you.

regards,
Lucas Ribeiro.

Employee Advisor

Hi @aemUser2345!

In addition to the great explanation that @lribeirodev already provided, let me give some background on how packages work in AEM:

If you install a package, AEM first creates a snapshot of the area covered by the filter definition of the package. This snapshot is basically a package with the same filter being built on the instance before the actual package is being installed to the repository. The uninstallation process takes that snapshot package and installs it to the repository, creating the same state that was present before. Please note that packages always cover the area defined by their filters, not the actual content of the package. That means you can also create "deletion" packages: a package with a filter defintion but no acutal content will delete all content from the repository that is covered by the filter definition.

Hope that helps!

Administrator

@aemUser2345 Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni