Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Uninstall all parts of an application

Former Community Member

Whats the easiest (and more reliable/repeatable) way of removing all parts of an application from AEM. I mean, everything under apps, content, etc, var, ...

I find myself doing this quite a lot recently (while I'm developing some dev tooling) and typically I do something like :-

1. Uninstall and delete packages using Package Manager
  2. Delete any OSGI bundles from apps/myapp/install
  3. Delete apps/myapp
  4. Delete content/myapp

But if I then run a query using 'myapp' I will find more stuff in etc/designs/myapp, and in /var/classes/org/apache/jsp/apps/myapp, and then a whole bunch of audit entries and yet more under linkchecker ... and so on

It would be great to have a script or something similar to remove all trace in one go.

Any suggestions ?

Kind Regards

Fraser.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

I can suggest to manually remove all resources which related to your application.
After this create package with filters to resources which were removed on previous step.
When you need to remove all parts of an application, you can install this package.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

It may be something that can be written using a custom script - but out of the box -- i have not found documentation or scripts for this use case. 

Correct answer by
Level 4

I can suggest to manually remove all resources which related to your application.
After this create package with filters to resources which were removed on previous step.
When you need to remove all parts of an application, you can install this package.

Level 8

Popov555 wrote...

I think using packages is the way to go as well. http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/administer/content/package-manager.html

scott