Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Unexpected Payload URL - /bin/wcmcommand...

Level 4

Our users were running into an issue where the default "future deactivation" workflow was not running at the set time. However, i tested it and it seemed to be working fine. The only difference is that some of the pending workflows that the users had created had a different payload that was a url to wcmcommand -

/bin/wcmcommand?cmd=open&path=%252Fcontent%252Finfocenter%252F ... (rest of the path) ... &_charset_=utf-8.html

while all of my workflow instances had the expected

/content/infocenter/...

I saw this post that described why the url does not work correctly, but i'm not sure why that payload is being set with /bin/wcmcommand in the first place? With that payload it doesn't seem to run the future deactivation workflow when the time is up.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Found this post that explains the /bin/wcmcommand url is a known bug. So i'm assuming the future deactivation workflow just doesn't process the payload path correctly and never runs.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 4

Found this post that explains the /bin/wcmcommand url is a known bug. So i'm assuming the future deactivation workflow just doesn't process the payload path correctly and never runs.