Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Unable to Start Workflow with the help of Launchers using proper regualr expession

Level 1

Hi

I am trying to start a workflow with the help of launcher but only for the images inside abc-cropping folder.
As in the below String (3 sub folders) bold part is not static, it is differnt for differnt country and regions but abc-cropping is static and is present inside same level hierarchy so tyring with regular expression in the below mentiond path.

String - /content/dam/xyzsite/products/temporary/india/scm-mumbai/1_2345/abc-cropping

path - /content/dam/xyzsite/products/temporary(/.*)/abc-cropping

but it's not working, when i am workig trying with   /content/dam/xyzsite/products/temporary(/.*), workflow is getting triggered on all the assets inside any sub folder of temporary.

But we want to triger workflow only on the assets inside abc-cropping folder using launcher.

Please guide valid path(regular expression) for the above String.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Sharing .content.xml associated with workflow launcher here -

<jcr:root xmlns:cq="http://www.day.com/jcr/cq/1.0" xmlns:jcr="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0" jcr:primaryType="cq:WorkflowLauncher" condition="" conditions="[jcr:content/jcr:mimeType==image/.*]" description="" disabledFeatures="[]" enabled="{Boolean}true" eventType="{Long}1" excludeList="" features="[]" glob="/content/dam/my-digital-assets(/.*/)abc-cropping(/.*/)renditions/original" nodetype="nt:file" runModes="author" workflow="/var/workflow/models/scheduled_activation"/>

Could you please just test it with some other workflow model and share your observation.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

It should work, there are many examples OOTB launcher setup

/content/dam/xyzsite/products(/.*/)abc-cropping(/.*) 

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Hi Arun,
I have tried with the path :

/content/dam/xyzsite/products(/.*/)abc-cropping(/.*)

but it's not worked.

Thanks.

Community Advisor

As Arun mentioned it should work with the given expression.

Also you can find many more example in OOT workflow launcher

BrijeshYadav_0-1675086187029.png

Level 2

Hi Brijesh,

I tried the way you suggested, but it didn't worked, even tried with Nodetype as dam:Asset

laucher-1.jpg

Thanks.

Employee Advisor

I have tested with workflow launcher configuration below and it's working for me-

DEBAL_DAS_0-1675099406061.pngDEBAL_DAS_1-1675099419479.png

I have used path: /content/dam/my-digital-assets(/.*/)abc-cropping(/.*/)renditions/original

Just for testing purpose, I have used Scheduled Page/Asset Activation workflow here.

Hope this will help.

Level 2

Hi Debal, I have tried the way you suggested but it's not working for me, please check the below attachment.
Launcher.jpg
I have also tried by changing nodetype to  nt:file.
Thanks.

Employee Advisor

Did you check instances, Archive, Failures console -

DEBAL_DAS_0-1675151634515.png

Level 2

Hi Debal,

yes i have checked, no instances are getting captured in Archive, Failures console.

Thanks.

Employee Advisor

Let me know the workflow model.

Are you dealing with custom workflow here? If yes, please do share.

Level 2

Hi Debal,

yes it's a custom workflow just with one Dynamic Participant Step and below one Process Step.

Thanks.

Employee Advisor

Please do share workflow logic (code) if it's possible I will validate at my end.

Level 2

Hi Debal,

The workflow code contains some project specific data.
Debal sir, it's working fine if we provide the exact path or the below path:
/content/dam/xyzsite/products/temporary(/.*) .
I don't understand why it's not working if we put anything extra after (/.*) in the path.

Thanks.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Sharing .content.xml associated with workflow launcher here -

<jcr:root xmlns:cq="http://www.day.com/jcr/cq/1.0" xmlns:jcr="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0" jcr:primaryType="cq:WorkflowLauncher" condition="" conditions="[jcr:content/jcr:mimeType==image/.*]" description="" disabledFeatures="[]" enabled="{Boolean}true" eventType="{Long}1" excludeList="" features="[]" glob="/content/dam/my-digital-assets(/.*/)abc-cropping(/.*/)renditions/original" nodetype="nt:file" runModes="author" workflow="/var/workflow/models/scheduled_activation"/>

Could you please just test it with some other workflow model and share your observation.

Level 2

Hi @arunpatidar  @BrijeshYadav @DEBAL_DAS 
The below path worked for me finally.
/content/dam/xyzsite/products/temporary(/.*)abc-cropping(/.*)

Thanks a lot for giving your valuable time to guide me.

Thanks.