Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Unable to overlay the rtetoolbar under edit template

Level 2

Hello,

I am working on a use case -->Indesign template editing inside AEM, where I need to control the display of font in the edit template dropdown.

Eg:

When I install the font in indesign server, I need to add the same font name in the dropdown..so while processing the indd template (If we choose the installed font in dropdown, indesign template gets updated with the selected font).

hari_purushotha_0-1608150967643.png

Currently I am able to do that (Below are the steps).

1. I have installed the font in indesign server
  2. Added the font under
    • /libs/dam/gui/content/idsprint/templates/edittemplate/jcr:content/body/items/form/items/wizard/items/editor/items/side-panel/items/tabs/items/textToolsTab/items/tools/rteToolbar

hari_purushotha_1-1608151583327.png

Now I need to Overlay the above node. Which I am unable to do so (Disabled).

Need help on how to overlay the above node.

Thanks,

Hari

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@hari_purushotha 

If not already tried, instead of overlaying the node, you can rather go for sling resource merger override for updating the 'fonts' property in rteToolbar. Recreate the entire structure with all intermediate nodes as nt:unstructured and then redefine the 'fonts' property.
Reference Link: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/developing/platform/sling-resource-mer...

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@hari_purushotha 

If not already tried, instead of overlaying the node, you can rather go for sling resource merger override for updating the 'fonts' property in rteToolbar. Recreate the entire structure with all intermediate nodes as nt:unstructured and then redefine the 'fonts' property.
Reference Link: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/developing/platform/sling-resource-mer...

Level 2

Hi Shelly,

Thanks for your reply.

I am also thinking the same approach of using sling resource merger.But In the meantime, I am also looking for any other approach apart from sling resource merger. 

Employee Advisor
@hari_purushotha - Sling Resource Merger override would be the simplest & straightforward in my opinion for this usecase