Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Unable to edit pages on AEM Sites console on author

Level 2

Up until a day ago, editing pages was possible on our author for the users in a specific group with admin (i.e. total) privileges, so that if they went on Sites they would see something like this:

parag_dalal_0-1588202221042.png

Recently instead (and I cannot figure out what changed), logging in with the same users produces the outcome below: much more limited options... and in particular, the inability to edit pages.

parag_dalal_1-1588202397698.png

We are running on a 6.5 instance. All the bundles are in Status Active or Fragmented.

If I inspect the logs I find no relevant errors. The only thing I can register is that, if I forcefully try to edit a page by going on /editor.html/content/pagepath.html while logged with an admin account, similar errors occur:

parag_dalal_2-1588202762818.png

parag_dalal_3-1588202943099.png

The names of custom code are omitted from the images.

In terms of permissions, the users of this user group have this level of access:

parag_dalal_4-1588203137781.png

What am I missing? What else is required for these users to be able to edit the pages?
Thank you all very much.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hey Parag,

Did you install any code packages or were there any system/environments updates before this issue started to appear?

The action bar nodes are present at: /libs/wcm/core/content/sites/jcr:content/actions.  Do you have any overlays?

Even OOTB admin user can't see all the options. Is that correct?

I would compare the requests using network tab (Developer tools) with a working instance. 

Regards,

Vishu

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hey Parag,

Did you install any code packages or were there any system/environments updates before this issue started to appear?

The action bar nodes are present at: /libs/wcm/core/content/sites/jcr:content/actions.  Do you have any overlays?

Even OOTB admin user can't see all the options. Is that correct?

I would compare the requests using network tab (Developer tools) with a working instance. 

Regards,

Vishu

Level 2
There was indeed an overlay and it seems a team was toying with customizing permissions; but since they assigned all users to the group that was forbidden from editing, the options had disappeared. The issue has been since resolved. Thank you, Vishu, for you precious suggestions.