Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Unable to edit pages after in-place 6.5 upgrade

Level 4

We did an in-place upgrade to 6.5 from 6.4.2. The pages are now not edit-able (even as an admin). I'm seeing this error:

Internal Server Error

Cannot serve request to /libs/wcm/core/content/pageinfo.json in com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.servlets.PageInfoServlet

Exception:

java.lang.NullPointerException

This is the what i see when trying to load /libs/wcm/core/content/pageinfo.json:

0 TIMER_START{Request Processing}
      0 COMMENT timer_end format is {<elapsed microseconds>,<timer name>} <optional message>
      5 LOG Method=GET, PathInfo=null
      5 TIMER_START{handleSecurity}
   1018 TIMER_END{1011,handleSecurity} authenticator org.apache.sling.auth.core.impl.SlingAuthenticator@3fd28b6c returns true
   1193 TIMER_START{ResourceResolution}
   1273 TIMER_END{79,ResourceResolution} URI=/libs/wcm/core/content/pageinfo.json resolves to Resource=JcrNodeResource, type=wcm/core/components/pageinfo, superType=null, path=/libs/wcm/core/content/pageinfo
   1277 LOG Resource Path Info: SlingRequestPathInfo: path='/libs/wcm/core/content/pageinfo', selectorString='null', extension='json', suffix='null'
   1277 TIMER_START{ServletResolution}
   1280 TIMER_START{resolveServlet(/libs/wcm/core/content/pageinfo)}
   1294 TIMER_END{13,resolveServlet(/libs/wcm/core/content/pageinfo)} Using servlet com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.servlets.PageInfoServlet
   1296 TIMER_END{19,ServletResolution} URI=/libs/wcm/core/content/pageinfo.json handled by Servlet=com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.servlets.PageInfoServlet
   1300 LOG Applying Requestfilters
   1306 LOG Calling filter: com.adobe.granite.resourceresolverhelper.impl.ResourceResolverHelperImpl
   1310 LOG Calling filter: org.apache.sling.security.impl.ContentDispositionFilter
   1313 LOG Calling filter: com.adobe.granite.csrf.impl.CSRFFilter
   1316 LOG Calling filter: org.apache.sling.i18n.impl.I18NFilter
   1319 LOG Calling filter: com.adobe.granite.httpcache.impl.InnerCacheFilter
   1323 LOG Calling filter: org.apache.sling.rewriter.impl.RewriterFilter
   1326 LOG Calling filter: com.adobe.cq.mcm.campaign.servlets.CampaignCopyTracker
   1328 LOG Calling filter: com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.WCMRequestFilter
   1338 LOG Calling filter: com.adobe.cq.history.impl.HistoryRequestFilter
   1343 LOG Calling filter: com.adobe.cq.wcm.core.components.internal.servlets.CoreFormHandlingServlet

And here's the error :

24.04.2020 09:15:13.487 *WARN* [10.156.90.61 [1587683713197] GET /libs/wcm/core/content/pageinfo.json HTTP/1.1] com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.jcr.WorkflowModelManager Workflow model does not exist: /var/workflow/models/akamai/akamai-vod-delete
24.04.2020 09:15:13.488 *ERROR* [10.156.90.61 [1587683713197] GET /libs/wcm/core/content/pageinfo.json HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingRequestProcessorImpl service: Uncaught Throwable
java.lang.NullPointerException: null

I think this is because there's RUNNING workflow instances for that a particular model that no longer exists.

I tried purging these workflows from the JMX console but no luck.

Thanks in advance,

Anjali

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Unfortunately a NullPointer without any details (java file, line number) is really hard to debug, when you cannot attach a debugger to it.

Is the shared excerpt from the "recent requests" all what's logged? I don't see the error being logged.

Jörg

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Unfortunately a NullPointer without any details (java file, line number) is really hard to debug, when you cannot attach a debugger to it.

Is the shared excerpt from the "recent requests" all what's logged? I don't see the error being logged.

Jörg

Level 4

I tried purging these workflows from the JMX console but the console does not give you a success message, so I doubt it worked. When we tried again and used the correct model ID for the workflow and did the purge, the pageInfo.json started showing and the Pages became editable.

So the solution is to PURGE any workflows in a RUNNING state that use a stale workflow model. 

Level 4

I tried purging these workflows from the JMX console but the console does not give you a success message, so I doubt it worked. When we tried again and used the correct model ID for the workflow and did the purge, the pageInfo.json started showing and the Pages became editable.

So the solution is to PURGE any workflows in a RUNNING state that use a stale workflow model. 

Community Advisor

Hey, 

Are you using AEM as an SPA ?
If so, you need to update the aem dependencies in react's package.json file and try building and try deploying the code.

Level 3

@anjali_biddanda 

We also had the same error after upgrading to AEM 6.5.7.

Solution:

Please check and see If you have custom XSS rules? Check if the overlay exists: /apps/cq/xssprotection/config.xml.
If yes, move the overlay to tmp and test again.

After doing this change I have resolved the following issues

1. Unable to create a page

2. Unable to save authored dialog

3. Multifield component is not working properly

4. Earlier authored values were not showing in the Multifield component.

NOTE:

After doing this all the above issues resolved but we had cache issues on actual servers so make sure you do not have an XSSProtection file under "/apps/cq/xssprotextion.xml".