Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Unable to edit Experience fragment when created from page.

Level 4

Hi All,

We are facing issue while converting a component on a page to an experience fragment which is an OOTB feature. When we convert component on a page to an experience fragment and try to edit the experience fragment, we are unable to do that. The Experience fragment shows empty content but that experience fragment shows correct content on the page where it is used. Tried using wknd website on AEM 6.5.17 on premise instance.
Screenshot 2024-06-17 at 14.14.32.pngScreenshot 2024-06-17 at 14.11.44.png

subrato_kha_0-1718626786449.png

Screenshot 2024-06-17 at 14.16.55.png
On investigation I found that the nodes which gets created in the XF is incorrect, the component node gets created outside the root/container node but according to the template it should be inside root/container node. Once I move the component node inside root/container node the XF is editable again.
Have any one faced this issue or is there a solution. Kindly let me know.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @subrato_kha 
If you think this could be a product bug then raise it with Adobe, I have seen similar kind of issue when url was getting decoded with XG creation and turned out to be a product bug.

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 4

Hi @subrato_kha ,

Can you please provide more details about the component and the experience fragment template you're using? Specifically:

• What type of component are you trying to convert to an experience fragment?
  • Can you share the structure of the experience fragment template?
  • Are there any custom scripts or workflows involved in the conversion process?

Additionally, have you tried checking the AEM error logs for any errors or warnings related to the conversion process?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @subrato_kha 
If you think this could be a product bug then raise it with Adobe, I have seen similar kind of issue when url was getting decoded with XG creation and turned out to be a product bug.

Arun Patidar

Community Advisor

@subrato_kha Looks like a bug, you might want to file a ticket with Adobe support and confirm with them.

Level 4

Thank you everyone.
We have raised a Adobe support ticket and it turns out to be a product issue. According to them it has been fixed in AEM as cloud service. We expect it to be fixed with next SP release for AEM on prem.