Unable to create query with querybuilder

Level 7

Hello,

for a project I have following folder structure:

/content/sites/dam/pic/0/111

/content/sites/dam/pic/0/11

content/sites/dam/pic/1/02

/content/sites/dam/pic/2/2222

The following x-path query works for me to grab the name of last subfolders with two characters in name: /jcr:root/content/sites/dam/pic/*/*/element(*,sling:OrderedFolder)[jcr:like(fn:name(),'__')]

I read lots of page whose explained the syntax and provided examples for query builder. It only accept one level of subnodes, even I set value of p.depth greater than one. My question: What is the conversion from above xpath query into one for querybuilder?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Created similar folder structure in DAM as shown in below screenshot -

Using xpath query , getting below result -

DEBAL_DAS_0-1651584856891.png

Here is the query builder query -

path=/content/dam/demo/pic
type=sling:Folder
nodename=??
p.limit=-1

Result -

DEBAL_DAS_1-1651584955463.png

Useful information has given here -

• nodename: This is used to search exact nodenames for the result set. It allows few wildcards like: nodename=text* will search for this and any character after it . nodename=text? will search for all records that starts with text but will not return result that contains only text. (Resolves to NodenamePredicateEvaluator).

Note:- During conversion to Xpath query * is converted to % and ? is converted to _ . For Example ‘metadata%’ (metadata node is considered, will return result for  metadata,metadata1,metadata2 etc) but for ‘metadata_’ (metadata node is ignored, will only return result for metadata1, metadata2). Choose your wildcards very wisely. Hope it clears your doubt.

http://www.aemcq5tutorials.com/tutorials/adobe-aem-cq5-tutorials/aem-query-builder/

Hope this will help.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Created similar folder structure in DAM as shown in below screenshot -

Using xpath query , getting below result -

DEBAL_DAS_0-1651584856891.png

Here is the query builder query -

path=/content/dam/demo/pic
type=sling:Folder
nodename=??
p.limit=-1

Result -

DEBAL_DAS_1-1651584955463.png

Useful information has given here -

• nodename: This is used to search exact nodenames for the result set. It allows few wildcards like: nodename=text* will search for this and any character after it . nodename=text? will search for all records that starts with text but will not return result that contains only text. (Resolves to NodenamePredicateEvaluator).

Note:- During conversion to Xpath query * is converted to % and ? is converted to _ . For Example ‘metadata%’ (metadata node is considered, will return result for  metadata,metadata1,metadata2 etc) but for ‘metadata_’ (metadata node is ignored, will only return result for metadata1, metadata2). Choose your wildcards very wisely. Hope it clears your doubt.

http://www.aemcq5tutorials.com/tutorials/adobe-aem-cq5-tutorials/aem-query-builder/

Hope this will help.

Level 7

Thanks for answer. I tried it and it doesn't work either. I always get following message:

The query read or traversed more than 100000 nodes. To avoid affecting other tasks, processing was stopped.

Cannot serve request to /libs/cq/search/content/querydebug.html in /libs/cq/search/components/querydebug/querydebug.jsp

Exception:

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: The query read or traversed more than 100000 nodes. To avoid affecting other tasks, processing was stopped.

It will work if I extend the given path with additional layers until last to next. Is there a difference between "OrderedFolder" and "Folder"?

Employee Advisor

I have created sling:OrderedFolder under /content/dam/we-retail/en/pic as shown in below screenshot -

DEBAL_DAS_0-1651588753490.png

Below query is working perfectly without any issue with sling:OrderedFolder-

path=/content/dam/we-retail/en/pic
type=sling:OrderedFolder
nodename=??
p.limit=-1

DEBAL_DAS_1-1651588843670.png

Please share your query and folder structure so that I can review.

Level 7

I could figure out that was an issue with missing content index and too many subnodes.

Level 7

By the way: Your screenshot from querybuilder debug has a tiny difference to mine. On my AEM instance there is a dropdown field right from checkbox "Extract facets" with three available options (Default, Computed, Oak). Could it be the reason why your query does not work on my instance?

Employee Advisor

I am using AEM 6.5.11. Please do share the path value in your query.