Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Unable to create node from eclipse.

Level 4

Hello,

I am trying to create a node from the Eclipse Oxygen IDE.  Am unable to create a node as it gives the following error:1294889_pastedImage_0.png

Please help.

Thanks & Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Akash,

If you see that type of error you can fix by this below example screenshot.

Error.PNG

Here this is beautifully explained here: Getting Started with AEM Sites Part 2 - Creating a Base Page and Template . I have got the same issue and fixed by using above screenshot.

Hope this helps!!

~Ratna.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Please create a node from CRXDE and import it to Eclipse by AEM server.

This is the best practice we followed.

Regards,
Prince

Level 4

This is a good idea; however, it will be great if we can create nodes from outside of CRXDE....

Level 4

Also, could you please give some reference of steps on how to `import it to Eclipse by AEM server`?

Level 4

you can check how to use  development tools for AEM project(create a node, debug, etc): Development Tools

Some examples:

Note: In my experience Brackets it could be tricky and hard in some occasion but the other tools works very well for all team member.

Administrator
Thank you for sharing the solution.

Kautuk Sahni

Community Advisor

You can do it. It is always achievable , but the error message displayed  seems like your eclipse is not able to communicate to the server. Moreover, if there is any error in the type of the node, it will always throw error and won't let you create one.

Former Community Member

Here's a larger screenshot of the issue which shows that the server is connected and synchronized.

1295941_pastedImage_2.png

Please suggest.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Akash,

If you see that type of error you can fix by this below example screenshot.

Error.PNG

Here this is beautifully explained here: Getting Started with AEM Sites Part 2 - Creating a Base Page and Template . I have got the same issue and fixed by using above screenshot.

Hope this helps!!

~Ratna.

Former Community Member

Hello,

Most of the times, for some unknown reason, it is not possible to create a node from Eclipse.  The steps to create nodes on Eclipse project are as follows:-

Step 1: Create Template in CRXde as usual.

Step 2: Import in Eclipse project.  Right-click on the jcr:root or rep:root folder and click on Import from server...

1309336_pastedImage_4.png

Additional notes :

1. AEM Server needs to be setup on Eclipse environment. (Eclipse AEM Plugin is available for that)
  2. Suggest you to save your changes before 'importing' as those changes may be irreversible.

Good Luck.