Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Unable to component in Parsys

Community Advisor

Hi Team,

We have recently upgraded from AEM 6.3 to AEM 6.5 Service pack 4.
After upgrade we are facing an issue where we are not able to add the component to the parsys, we are able to add it design mode. but when we come back to edit mode, so it showing us "Convert to Experience fragment variation."

I tried creating a new project, found a similar issue in AEM 6.5 Service pack 4.

Can anyone help in this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I have seen this issue before. For me it was happen because of overriding the page tabs to add new tabs, which somehow disabled the editing of component.

Then I had to override in different way. 
I would suggest check if you have extending the page component to add more tab items. 

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee

Can you share some more details on the issue you are facing? Are you using editable templates? Because if so, you can simply edit the template itself to allow components to be added.

Please make sure:-

1. your component does have a component group assigned.

2. your template does allow those components from design mode.

Community Advisor

@Prince_Shivhare Are you able to edit/add any other components in the page? if nothing is editable, can you please revalidate if your are extending the OOTB core components page component with resourceSupertype on to your page components. Basically this occurs if you are missing 

1. Authoring clientlibs, which will come from base page components either core components or libs page components.
  2. Policy/design destrictions.

Community Advisor
We are usng static templates and super type is core component only.

Community Advisor
Maybe in such case you might have overlayed whole page.html, try using this in page component <sly data-sly-include="/libs/wcm/core/components/init/init.jsp" data-sly-unwrap/>

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I have seen this issue before. For me it was happen because of overriding the page tabs to add new tabs, which somehow disabled the editing of component.

Then I had to override in different way. 
I would suggest check if you have extending the page component to add more tab items. 

Arun Patidar