Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Unable to cancel inheritance individually in rolled out pages

Level 2

I have a header component within which I have wrapped 3 more components.When I roll-out the page, the new page's inheritance lock is such that when I unlock the top most component (i.e, the main header that wraps the remaining), even the ones under that are getting unlocked(inheritance cancelled) which I don't want to happen. Please suggest if there is any way to avoid this without a JSP work around. Please find the code below:

<header class="header" role="header" id="header"><div class="header_wrap"><div class="header_main"><div class="row"><cq:include path="./globalNav1" resourceType="component1" /><cq:include path="./globalNav2" resourceType="component2" /><cq:include path="./globalNav3" resourceType="component2" /></div</div></div></header>
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Control the config at component level [1] Or in editcontext set the property cq:cancelledForChildren to false. 

[1]

editContext.getEditConfig().setDeepCancel(false);

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Control the config at component level [1] Or in editcontext set the property cq:cancelledForChildren to false. 

[1]

editContext.getEditConfig().setDeepCancel(false);

Level 2

Thanks a ton Sham!  I included editContext.getEditConfig().setDeepCancel(false); in the topmost component's JSP. It worked perfectly as I wanted. :)