Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Unable to add tabindex in anchor tag using RTE..

Level 3

Hi All,

I came to a scenario where I need to create an anchor tag without href attribute using RTE component. I am able to create anchor tag using HTML option in RTE, but the thing is that anchor tag is getting skipped by tab index and never focused. Then I tried adding attribute tabindex=0 so that that anchor tag get focus, but that tabindex=0 attribute is not getting persist in html. Any idea why it is not allowed and how I can fix this in RTE? Thank you in advance!

Example

I am adding below syntax in HTML of RTE  

<a tabindex=0 class="new-class">click here</a>

In DOM the HTML element I am seeing this

<a class="new-class">click here</a>

Expected rendition

<a tabindex=0 class="new-class">click here</a>

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @dh54220 

Can you please check /apps/cq/xssprotection/config.xml file in your project. I suspect there is a rule for tabindex added. Search with keyword 'tabindex' to look for rule if any. Try altering/removing the rule and check if it works. 

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @dh54220 

Can you please check /apps/cq/xssprotection/config.xml file in your project. I suspect there is a rule for tabindex added. Search with keyword 'tabindex' to look for rule if any. Try altering/removing the rule and check if it works. 

Thanks

Level 3

@ksh_ingole7 I found config.xml in this location /libs/cq/xssprotection/config.xml. I uncommented the code for tabindex and tried after that it's not working.