Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Unable to add components inside the touchui component parsys in AEM 6.4.4

Level 4

I have a page that is created using an editable template and I have added a Header component to the page. The header component.html is having parsys ("foundation/components/parsys"). when I try to add a component into the Header component parsys I don't have the option to add rather, I have an option to convert experience fragment variation (screenshot below). If I use the component in the editable template I can go and configure the allowed components but, in my case where should I configure? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Screenshot 2021-03-06 at 1.11.41 AM.png

@Vijayalakshmi_S  @arunpatidar26 @Ratna_Kumar @VeenaVikraman @vanegi @Feike_Visser1 @kautuk_sahni @Rima_Mittal 

Regards,

Vijay

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@vijays80591732  I think you have to add the Header component in the Editable template and then Set the policies for the Parsys inside the Header component, rather than adding it to your page. Because, when you add the component to your page, the parsys inside it has no policy attached to it yet. So if you add it in Template and enable the policy , then your parsys should work I believe. I have never worked on this usecase, but I think that should work. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 9

Hello,

the answer is in your question only. you should be configuring that parsys from editable template and enabling component for the parsys " create/modify the policy)

If parent parsys is already enabled the component then you need not require to do for child parsys rather it will inherit

thanks!!

Level 4

Hello Pawan.

I have already tried the way you suggested but not working. Attached is the screenshot where I configured the allowed components for "par" in the template level. After that I'm able to add new components in the parsys but,  still unable to add components in child parsys.

Screenshot 2021-03-06 at 2.06.54 AM.png

Level 9

Hi Vijay, it seems like you are not using editable policies to setup the availability of components. are you sure, you are doing from editable template config console because below screen shots doesn't looks like???

refer this - https://myaemlearnings.blogspot.com/2018/03/policies-in-editable-templates.html

Administrator
@Pawan-Gupta, Thank you for posting the solution with AEM Community. This helps in posterity. Keep the wonderful contribution going (both as learner and contributor).

Kautuk Sahni

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@vijays80591732  I think you have to add the Header component in the Editable template and then Set the policies for the Parsys inside the Header component, rather than adding it to your page. Because, when you add the component to your page, the parsys inside it has no policy attached to it yet. So if you add it in Template and enable the policy , then your parsys should work I believe. I have never worked on this usecase, but I think that should work.