Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Unable to add component on segment and experience fragment - AEM 6.4 with service pack 8

Level 4

We can not add any component on segment page, the parsys does not have + button to add component and drag and drop is also not working. Tried to create a segment with new configuration and also with we.retail config, facing the same problem on both.

Note - we have not overlay any component, it is just plain Vennila Instance + SP 8

Segmentation page screen shot

segmentIssue.JPG

Even experience fragment also have the same problem, no + plus button and drag and drop is also not working.

Experience fragment page screen shot

experienceFraIssue.JPG

Error log -

25.06.2020 18:07:21.218 *WARN* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1593088641140] GET /editor.html/conf/we-retail/settings/wcm/segments/test123.html HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.caconfig.resource.impl.def.DefaultConfigurationResourceResolvingStrategy Ignoring reference to /conf/we-retail/settings from /conf/we-retail/settings - Probably misconfigured as it ends with '/settings'

The we-retail config shipped with aem and I dont see any misconfiguraion. The interesting thing is we have tried the same steps without service pack 8 where we don’t see this issue at all, able to see + button to add component on both segment and experience fragment pages. Is this known issue on service pack 8?

Note -  Restarted my AEM instance after installation of service pack 8, tried restarting my entire machine as well. Tried to setup 3 AEM instances and all ended up the same problem.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

8 Replies

Level 5

It works properly in my local aem 6.4.8 instance, Please find the screenshot of the same.

Did you try to restart the AEM instance after installing the service pack ? If you see the issue , Can you try with a new AEM instance as it does not look like SP issue.

Selection_059.pngSelection_060.png

Level 4
Yes, I restarted my AEM instance after installtion of service pack 8, tried restarting my entire machine. Note I tried to setup 3 AEM instances and all ended up the same problem

Administrator
@Anderson_Hamer Do you see some error in console and error.log?

Kautuk Sahni

Level 4
I have already mentioned error logs above. Error logs - 25.06.2020 18:07:21.218 *WARN* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1593088641140] GET /editor.html/conf/we-retail/settings/wcm/segments/test123.html HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.caconfig.resource.impl.def.DefaultConfigurationResourceResolvingStrategy Ignoring reference to /conf/we-retail/settings from /conf/we-retail/settings - Probably misconfigured as it ends with '/settings'

Administrator
I can only see Warning but not the error.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 4
Yes, Aem gives only warning on this page. There is no error. Are you sure it is working with sp8?

Level 1

Hi @Anderson_Hamer,

I hope you got the resolution of this issue.

I am stuck at the same point after a year. Any inputs on how to resolve this issue? I am not able to insert any components on the page editor.

Regards,

Shiny

Level 4

It was an issues with service 6.4.8. The service pack did not install properly that was caused all the issues. Setup a new instance and install service pack and leave the instance for sometime to set everything