Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Unable to access open properties menu and sidekick

Level 3

Hello!

I am using AEM 6.1 and I am unable to access the "open properties" in the touch UI and the sidekick in the classic UI. I am seeing the same error in AEM 6.2.  This is what I am seeing in the console tab of the browser

"

[Deprecation] Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.

XMLHttpRequest.open @ granite.js:226

foundation.js:1242 @deprecated  $.validator ; use foundation-validation "

The below is the error in the error logs

31.05.2017 12:50:31.076 *INFO* [FelixStartLevel] org.apache.sling.installer.core.impl.OsgiInstallerImpl Apache Sling OSGi Installer Service stopped.

31.05.2017 12:50:31.076 *INFO* [FelixStartLevel] org.apache.sling.installer.core Service [Apache Sling Installer Controller Service,22, [org.apache.sling.installer.api.OsgiInstaller, org.apache.sling.installer.api.info.InfoProvider, org.apache.sling.installer.api.ResourceChangeListener, org.apache.sling.installer.api.tasks.RetryHandler]] ServiceEvent UNREGISTERING

31.05.2017 12:50:31.076 *INFO* [FelixStartLevel] org.apache.sling.installer.core Service [Apache Sling Bundle Install Task Factory,20, [org.apache.sling.installer.api.tasks.InstallTaskFactory]] ServiceEvent UNREGISTERING

31.05.2017 12:50:31.076 *INFO* [FelixStartLevel] org.apache.sling.installer.core Service [Apache Sling Installer - Default Resource Transformer,21, [org.apache.sling.installer.api.tasks.ResourceTransformer]] ServiceEvent UNREGISTERING

31.05.2017 12:50:31.076 *INFO* [FelixStartLevel] org.apache.sling.installer.core Service [Apache Sling Installer Controller Service,23, [org.apache.sling.installer.api.jmx.InstallerMBean, org.apache.sling.installer.api.event.InstallationListener]] ServiceEvent UNREGISTERING

31.05.2017 12:50:31.076 *INFO* [FelixStartLevel] org.apache.sling.installer.core BundleEvent STOPPED

31.05.2017 12:50:31.076 *INFO* [FelixStartLevel] org.apache.sling.commons.logservice BundleEvent STOPPING

Any suggestions what's going wrong. I am trying to apply the designs to my "training" website.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Lokesh,

I could access the "open properties" by adding the SuperType "wcm/foundation/components/page" to the component.  However I am unable to see the sidekick in the classic UI section.  Any suggestions for this issue ?

regards

Harsh

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Level 10

Is this happening for all sites on your AEM instance or only a specific site. I have never seen this issue before.

Level 10

Can you open pages on some of the AEM Sample content?

Level 9

Hi Harsh,

For your case can ignore console error. The issue could be in content itself.   What you do is take backup of page.  Then delete each node one by one from bottom up in that page using crxde light (Save the changes). Verify on deleting which node it starts working.  Then you can look into that node to see what was the issue. 

In our case authors for linkTo field explicitly specifying the target attribute caused the issue.

Thanks,

Level 3

Hi Scott,

It's not happening with all the sties only specific site.  Yes I am able to access sample geometrixx content.

Level 10

Hi harshs,

within a site, is it for a particular page or all the pages ??

if it's a specific page, then try deleting that page and recreate it.

Level 3

Hi Lokesh,

It's for all the page withing the sample training site that I am making.  I have tried deleting the site and recreating it but somehow its not working.  I am seeing this in AEM 6.1 & AEM 6.2.

regards
Harsh

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Lokesh,

I could access the "open properties" by adding the SuperType "wcm/foundation/components/page" to the component.  However I am unable to see the sidekick in the classic UI section.  Any suggestions for this issue ?

regards

Harsh

Community Advisor

Hi Harsh

The sidekick can break if your code has any JS which is breaking . You may have to start from scratch . As a step of debug. Just create a simple page component (no inheritance and all) and verify if the sidekick is loading. Then one by one , keep adding your code. Each time note where the issue is happening . This could be one way of debug if your code base is really very small for now.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Veena

Level 3

Hi Veena,

I am not using JS, I am using sightly/HTL.  I did try from scratch as you have mentioned.

1. I created a simple template and a component without inheriting anything (used AEM 6.1 here).  I got a blank page when I tried to access the page in touch UI.  In classic UI I did get the page but no sidekick.

2. For AEM 6.2 page is accessible in touchUI but cannot access the "open properties" menu to include the designs.  Page is accessible in touch UI but no sidekick.  I can get the open properties menu if I inherit from the wcm/foundation/components/page components.

3.  All I am doing is creating a simple template and a simple page rendering component (no inheritance) linking the component to the template and trying to access a test page. It worked earlier but all of a sudden it has breaked.  All that I have on the component page is simple "Hello World" inside HTML and Body tags.

Any suggestions on this?

Regards

Harsh

Level 3

This issue is resolved.  Thanks everyone one for their inputs.  The issue was with content.