Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Two Mail Templates in AEM Email

Level 3

Hi Experts ,

I am writing a custom form action in AEM. My action sends email as per a predefined template. Here is the code 

MailTemplate mailTemplate = MailTemplate.create("/apps/custom_submit_action/store_and_email/temp.html", resolver.adaptTo(Session.class));

MultiPartEmail email = mailTemplate.getEmail(StrLookup.mapLookup(parameters), HtmlEmail.class);

This works fine. 

Now I have an another template /apps/custom_submit_action/store_and_email/temp.xml, I want to send the data in this template as well. I dont want to send two separate emails. So basically, I have to send data in two formats. HTML and XML. Here are my two templates

temp.html

Dear ${admin};

A new ${user} has purchased  ${product1},${product2} at ${city},${storeid}.

temp.xml

<purchase>

<customer>${customer}</customer><city>${city}</city><store>${storeid}</store></purchase>

I am looking for all possible suggestions. 

Thanks

1 Reply

Level 10

We just wrote a similar tool in AEM- you can always write a custom OSGi service that dynamically creates email messages. You have a lot of flexibility as well For example, using Java logic and expressions, you can dynamically put together many different email messages - each with different data points, links, variables, etc.