Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Twitter Feed Component from ACS commons on AEM 6.3 not working

Level 2

Hi All,

Please tell me where I am missing a step  to configure and make use of Twitter feed component  in my project.

Steps I followed:

1. Added All the below Java classes from ACS Commons bundle files in to my project bundle:

1575249_pastedImage_0.png

Followed the documentation from the link below:

Twitter Adapter Factory

created a TwitterFeedScheduler configuration in Sling:OSGIConfig  properties in System/console

created a  System User = acs-commons-twitter-updater-service with ACL rights to read modify and replicate

and created a Service Name : twitter-updater

But still I am not able to get the tweets from the username which I want to get ???

username is comming blank??

Tweets array is coming as Zero??

Any help to resolve this issue is appreciated.

Thanks

Sunil

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

It would be better to just deploy the ACS AEM Commons package rather than copying the code. If you have an actual problem using the ACS AEM Commons package, you should report it using GitHub Issues.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

We asked the team that coded this to look and help here.

Correct answer by
Employee

It would be better to just deploy the ACS AEM Commons package rather than copying the code. If you have an actual problem using the ACS AEM Commons package, you should report it using GitHub Issues.

Level 2

Hey Justin /Scott,

Thanks for your reply.

Directly using  the ACS commons code in AEM 6.3 doesnot work due to API constraints and JSP used in the component etc.

So we used the code base and modified according to the latest API compatible code  and it works fine , its like a a custom TwitterFeed component according to our project requirement.

Once that works completely, I would like to checkin this  entire code so that its useful other community members.

Please let me know the process to checking the twitterFeed component code  in to the GIT repository and do we need and  permissions?

Thanks

Sunil

Employee

I'm not sure what you mean by "API constraints". That bundle works fine on AEM 6.3. Same thing with "JSP used in the component". There's no requirements put on the JSP (or even a requirement to use JSP) imposed by the ACS AEM Commons Twitter integration.

But if this is the path you want to go down, that's ultimately up to you. My guess is that you are missing the service user configuration. You said you created the service user, but didn't say whether or not you created the service user configuration to bind the service to the service user.