Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Tutorial: Assets Insights | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

Tutorial: Assets Insights by pedromonjo

Abstract

One of my clients has recently asked me to implement this integration. While it is documented in the Experience League and I have managed to configure it, I believe the documentation could be clearer. My understanding of Adobe Analytics has also helped to fill the gaps. So, if you are trying to set this integration up, I hope this tutorial is what you are looking for.

What is this feature?
Let’s start by explaining what this feature is. The short answer: an integration between the Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Digital Assets Management (DAM) repository and Adobe Analytics (AA). I know, that barely means anything. A longer explanation is needed.

The AEM DAM offers some metrics of how many times an asset has been used within AEM, under the “Insights” tab. You can also get where it has been used in the “References” tab.

AEM DAM Insights Reporting

(Note, in all the assets I tried, I got a count of 0. I believe this is because I have just installed AEM, but you will get the right count as you use the assets.)

But the fact that an asset has been added to a page by a content editor, does not mean that the visitors to the website are actually interacting with it. If you also have Analytics, you can fill this void by tracking these interactions and showing them with the AEM DAM reports. In particular, this feature enables two metrics: impressions and clicks. This tutorial is about getting them back in the AEM DAM.

Analytics configuration
Report suite
This is probably the simplest step in this tutorial.

The first thing you need is to do is choose which report suites will be used. These are the report suites (dev, stage, prod…) that track the behavioural data from AEM websites, where you want its assets to be tracked.

Then, in the Analytics admin section, select these report suites and go to the AEM Assets Reporting menu entry.

AEM Assets Reporting

Finally, just enable the feature. It is the big blue button. Yes, it is a simple as this.

Read Full Blog

Tutorial: Assets Insights

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
1 Reply

Level 2

Hi @kautuk_sahni I have visit this tutorial and I have encountered some issues on my end. Please see my implementation in Launch below. 

I am enabling the asset insights tracker for an AEM page. I have created 3 rules for this:

1. Asset Impression

2. Asset Click

3. Asset Click without destination

Here is my configuration:

avocadoLover2022_0-1681979651570.png

avocadoLover2022_1-1681979651673.png

avocadoLover2022_2-1681979651706.png

I have several problems here:

1. The page load and click beacon are firing twice

avocadoLover2022_3-1681979651694.png

2. I want my asset.idlist on my link click beacon, but it is only showing on page load beacon, how can I add this?