Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Trying to install AEM Windows service in publish mode- but getting installed as author

Level 2

Hi,

I have followed all the steps mentioned in the installation manual, to get the AEM installed as windows service in publish mode.
 Changed the following as variable -

D:\AdobeAEM\crx-quickstart\opt\helpers\instsrv.bat

:: runmode(s)

set cq_runmode="publish"

:: HTTP port

set cq_port=4503

But I guess the aem is installing in  author mode, because when I open any aem page, i see the CQ widget on top right corner.
 Also it is asking for login password when i navigate to any html content page (for the first time). This i guess happens in author mode?
 Not sure what is going on.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Aditya Nayak wrote...

Can anyone give us some pointers?

1. If you started the instance as author & then trying to run as publish it will not work & also not recommended. Make sure to install fresh instance has publish & then configure service.
  2. If you have author & publish running in same box make sure to change the control port

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 2

Correct answer by
Level 10

Aditya Nayak wrote...

1. If you started the instance as author & then trying to run as publish it will not work & also not recommended. Make sure to install fresh instance has publish & then configure service.
  2. If you have author & publish running in same box make sure to change the control port