Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Trying to fill/sign Adobe PDF on Chromebook and Android

Level 1

Occasionally I receive a document that I have to sign, which I prefer to do digitally. Even less often, that document contains proprietary XFA elements, so the app that I normally use to do this will not accommodate it. I have tried no fewer than 11 Android apps, including two from Adobe, with no success.

I have been dealing with a document downloaded from a government website.

I see either

"The document you are trying to load requires adobe 8 or higher..."

or

"Please wait..."

I am particularly frustrated by the fact that the Adobe apps failed to open the document.

Is there a solution that does not require a paid subscription?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @LenQualic,

I would suggest to post your question here in Adobe Acrobat Sign [0] to get better & faster response.

[0]: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-acrobat-sign/ct-p/ct-adobe-sign?page=1&sort=latest_replies&lang...

Regards,

Santosh

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @LenQualic,

I would suggest to post your question here in Adobe Acrobat Sign [0] to get better & faster response.

[0]: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-acrobat-sign/ct-p/ct-adobe-sign?page=1&sort=latest_replies&lang...

Regards,

Santosh

Level 1

Thanks for the suggestion, and for supplying it so quickly.

Level 1

To address your issue, occasionally receiving PDF documents with proprietary XFA elements on Android can be challenging, especially without a paid subscription. Here are steps to resolve this problem without incurring additional costs:

1. Free PDF Viewers: Start by trying free Android PDF viewer apps like "Adobe Acrobat Reader," "Xodo PDF Reader & Editor," or "Foxit PDF Reader & Converter." These apps support various PDF features and might open your documents.

2. Convert XFA to Standard PDF: If the free viewers fail, convert the XFA document to a standard PDF format using online tools such as "PDF2Go" or "ILovePDF." This process can make the document compatible with a wider range of PDF viewers.

3. Contact the Government Website: Reach out to the government website where you downloaded the document. Inquire whether they provide alternative non-XFA versions. Government websites often offer multiple formats for compatibility.

4. Check Document Creation Settings: If you have control over how the document is created, ensure it's not saved in XFA format. Utilize more common formats like AcroForms, which enjoy broader compatibility.

5. Community Support: Visit online forums or communities dedicated to Android apps and PDF handling. Seek advice from users who may have encountered and solved similar issues. You could find user-generated solutions or discover alternative apps suited for opening XFA documents.

To add your website link "https://www.raj-results.com/" to the documents, do so after successfully opening the document with one of the methods mentioned above. Many PDF viewer apps, including free ones, offer options for adding text or hyperlinks to PDFs. Typically, you can find these options under "Annotations" or "Edit" within the app's interface.

Remember that the effectiveness of these solutions may vary based on the complexity of the XFA elements and the capabilities of the selected app. If the free methods fail and the document is critical, you might need to consider more advanced PDF tools, some of which may require a paid subscription or a one-time purchase.