Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Trigger workflow on rollout of a site -MSM

Level 10

Hello All,

Is there a way to trigger a workflow on rollout of site? Please let me know. I have custom rollout configurations in place but i have to now trigger a workflow on rollout.

Appreciate help.

Thanks,

NZ

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

great, glad to hear it!

For others, I was going to suggest that you check that you are using the correct path to the model...i.e., the model node as in /etc/workflow/models/request_for_activation/jcr:content/model

scott

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Level 7

Hiya, take a look at these links. It's possible to create and associate workflows for the rollout configurations (<server>:<port>/miscadmin#/etc/msm/rolloutconfigs). There is a lot of info about that on this site. 
http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/administering/multi_site_manager.html

/Johan

Level 8

did you add the enabled property (= true) to the workflow node?

Level 8

Johan has it right. Specifically, if you go to that page see the Creating Rollout Configurations section. When you create the rollout, add the "workflow" sync action to start a workflow.

scott

Level 10

Yes i did add the enabled property and assigned it to true, although the doc doesn't say so.

It still doesn't work.Am using 5.6

Level 8

NitroHazeDev wrote...

Yes i did add the enabled property and assigned it to true, although the doc doesn't say so.

It still doesn't work.Am using 5.6

I don't know why I mentioned the enabled property....I meant to discuss the "target" property. I assume you set this property to the workflow to execute? Are there any useful log messages when you do the roll out?

Level 10

Hey Scott, 

None that i could see regarding workflow, will check it , strange, it should have worked.. any idea of how we could extract the arguments in the process step in the java code for workflow?

Level 10

figured it out..thanks will update on rollout..

Correct answer by
Level 8

great, glad to hear it!

For others, I was going to suggest that you check that you are using the correct path to the model...i.e., the model node as in /etc/workflow/models/request_for_activation/jcr:content/model

scott

Level 10

Hey scott, great input , wish it was clear in the documentation.

Really appreciate all the help.

Now my workflow is picking up payload, multiple times when i trigger the workflow. i.e> if i create a live copy, selecting languages en_CA and fr_CA , with name Test2, my workflow runns through all the pages available under /content/Test2. I would want it to pick just /content/Test2/en_CA,  /content/Test2/fr_CA  as payload, and trigger it one shot. I am trying to send payload path to Query Builder rest service to retrieve nodes of desired sling:resourceType modified in past two days and retrieve desired property in those nodes

What gets currently picked up in my workflow is 

/content/Test2

/content/Test2/en_CA - Query Builder ideally should have returned results but it skips and moves to next node

/content/Test2/en_CA/samplePage

/content /Test2/en_CA/samplePage/samplePage2

/content/Test12/en_CA/support

/content/Test12/en_CA/support/support

/content/Test12/en_CA/support/support/devices

/content/Test2/fr_CA

/content/Test2/fr_CA/samplePage

/content /Test2/fr_CA/samplePage/samplePage2

/content/Test12/fr_CA/support

/content/Test12/fr_CA/support/support

/content/Test12/fr_CA/support/support/devices

I would want to pick just /content/Test12/en_CA and  /content/Test12/fr_CA, or the languages selected while creating livecopy please let me know.

Level 8

I updated the docs so that now it has an example value for the model path :)

That the workflow starts for each page is the expected behaviour because the liveaction configuration is inherited for each child page. Perhaps your workflow can include a test on the payload path in an OR step, to prevent processing of child pages?