Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Translation tool with language varients

Level 2

Hi,

I hope somebody will have solved the following issue already. I am needing to configure the translation tool in CQ to allow translations for en_GB and en_US, but I am having no luck.

I add the languages to /etc/languages, and they do show as columns but when I enter data and save they are not actually saved. I have tried different formats of the language code but none seem to work.

Thanks for any help

Damian.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Just check if you have changed your default language property.

This should help you [1]

[1] http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/5-6-1/developing/cq5-translator.html

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 8

hi,

are you referring to machine translation, or to internationalization of component strings?

thanks,

scott

Level 2

Not sure what you mean by that, this is my first look into translations.

I've just found out that it doesn't work for "en" either. Though it has not problems with "de","es","fr","nl","it".

Level 2

OK. I think I must be talking about internationalisation of component strings.

Level 10

You mean to say, you are able to create the language copy but the content is not saving ?? Can you give more detailed step what you are trying to do.

Thanks,

bsloki

Level 2

We are currently have translations for Dutch, French, Italian, German, Spanish that are all working fine in CQ5 Translator in version 5.6.1, I can update, add and delete successfully.

We now need to provide translations for US English and UK English. So I added the language codes "en-gb" & "en-us" to "/etc/languages", I refresh the translator and the columns for the new languages appear. When I enter translations for those languages and save it all looks good, however, it does not add the new translations to the i18n folder and when i refresh the translator the new translations disappear. I even tried with just the language code "en" and get the same result.

Regards

Damian.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Just check if you have changed your default language property.

This should help you [1]

[1] http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/5-6-1/developing/cq5-translator.html